Chapter 1

"Gibbs, we're done collecting the evidence and have loaded them into the van. Ducky cleaned the crime scene already." McGee said. "Okay. Lets-" Gibbs was cut off by the sound of gun shots. All the agents on set instinctively placed their hand on their gun as they move towards the source of the sound. It's a two-story house that has no neighbors. When they are about five meters away from the house, someone crashed through the top story window. The figure twisted his body so he lands on his back. They then realize that he was holding a bundle. He landed on his back to absorb the impact of the fall all to himself to not hurt the bundle. He then wasted no time to flip himself around, crouching over the bundle, as if trying to shield the bundle from something. Then it hit them, literally. The house exploded and was up in flames in an instant. The agents shield themselves from the blast. Ziva called the fire brigade as the person slowly uncurled himself. The agents slowly approached him as he was unwrapping the bundle. The bundle was a little girl. The person himself is also a kid, a teenager; he can't be less than 18. He was blond, well built and tall, there something about him that is unnerving. The little girl; about 5, had her arms around his neck-hugging him. The boy looked like he had been tortured, he has cuts all over and was bleeding all over and he has some dried bloodstains and some of his wounds look horrendous; they were badly infected. It's a miracle he is still awake. The agents were about 3 meter away from him when he tensed and his head snapped up. "Its okay. We're NCIS." Gibbs said as all of them flashed their badge. Now they realize what was one thing unnerving about him; his eyes, they are so cold like they had seen too much. The boy is still tense, he doesn't trust them. He stood up while hugging the girl tighter to himself. "What's wrong, Alex?" The little girl asks as she looked at Alex. The agents tensed, they recognize the voice. "Helena?" Gibbs asked, uncertain. The little girl turned around at hearing her name. The Helena Gibbs is talking about is his daughter. She was kidnapped one week ago while she was in childcare. "Daddy!" They saw the tension in Alex disappeared a little and he bent down to let Helena run to her father. Helena hugged Gibbs. The other agents looked him them to Alex. Something like an emotion flashed in his eyes; relive and ... Sadness? Why is he upset? "Why are you in there?"

"Classified."

"Classified? We are the NCIS. You have to tell us."

"That is if you have signed the Official Secret Acts."

"Why? Who are you? You only need to sign the OSA if you're working for the military intelligence. But you can't be more or less than 18." A small smile tugged at Alex's lips.