Jealousy

I have been really busy lately, so I am sorry for the long wait. It will get better, I've just been trying to figure out how to balance things.

~Mal's POV~
Don't get me wrong, Evie is a sweet, beautiful girl. But she's naive and doesn't see things the way she should. Like right now, Doug is blatantly flirting with her and she's not even telling him no. She has a girlfriend(me!) for goodness sakes. Maybe I should just go over there.

"Mal!" I heard Carlos yell. "Come here, Jay and I have to show you something!" This is never good, I'll deal with this whole naive Evie thing later. I took off out of the library after Carlos and Jay.

~Evie's POV~
I went to the library to do some research which shouldn't take over an hour. I was studying Chemistry in the library when Doug walked up to me.

"You're outfit looks great today." He exclaimed with his overly excited voice. "Well it looks great everyday, just today especially!"

"Thank you Doug." I said with a polite smile. He kept on talking and I would talk back here and there, eventually he said goodbye and then tried to kiss me. "Doug what the hell!?" I yelled as I pushed him away. "I have a girlfriend that i very much like!"

Even though he pissed me off, I needed at least another twenty minutes to finish my Chemistry and then I can go back to mine and Mal's room to cuddle.

I was almost done with my work when Audrey came running through the door. "EVIE MAL IS ABOUT TO KILL DOUG AT THE TOURNEY FIELD!" She yelled. I jumped up to my feet and sprinted to the tourney field, leaving my work on the table.

When I got to the tourney field, I saw a frightened looking Carlos, and even Jay looked scared so I knew this wasn't good. I looked past the boys to where they were staring and there was my very angry girlfriend towering over a bloody faced Doug.

"Mal, sweetie look at me." I tried to coax Mal into looking at me.

~Mal's POV~
I heard Evie's voice but there was just too much anger going through me I couldn't look away from the boy in front of me. A low growl escaped from my throat and then I felt a soft touch on my shoulder. I flinched and was ready to swing until I turned around and saw my blue haired beauty.

~Evie's POV~
Mal turned and looked at me and her eyes were the glowing the brightest green I think I had ever seen.

"Hey my little dragon." I giggled at her as I caressed her cheek with my hand. "What's got you all huffy and puffy today?"

She cracked a little smile at me but still didn't say anything. "Come on sweetie, let's go back to our room."

The whole walk to the room Mal didn't say anything. Jay and Carlos waited for Fairy Godmother to show up to get Doug, but i don't think it would have been smart to keep Mal around Doug any longer.

We walked into our room, I turned to shut the door when I was pinned roughly up against it. Mal shoved her lips against mine and she pinned my hands above my head on the door. Just as quick as she had done that, she pushed herself away and when towards the bathroom. I was dumbfounded to why she had done that, but I wasn't complaining. I followed her to the bathroom. "Do you want me to clean up your hands?" I said and I gestured toward her bloody, bruised knuckles. She slowly nodded at me and sat on the counter.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" I asked sweetly as I began cleaning off her hands.

"He said you two kissed and that you said he was was better than I ever was or ever dreamed about being." Mal mumbled.

I stopped what I was doing and looked into her eyes. I could see the tears in them as I reached up to rub her cheek.

"We didn't kiss, he tried to kiss me and I shoved him away and told him that I had a girlfriend that I like very much. No one will ever replace you, my dragon." I said as I have her a quick peck on the lips and then began disinfecting her cuts on her knuckles.

"Maybe i was just scared that someone else go to touch you. I don't know. I'm just overprotective." Mal said quietly.

"It sprouts from jealousy my love." I said with a little giggle. Mal smiled at me.

"I don't think I've ever been jealous before, I don't think anyone will ever try to make me jealous again either after they see Doug's face." Mal laughed.

I got done bandaging her hands so we went to change clothes and get into bed. I wrapped my arms around Mal's waist.

"Mal, I want you to realize I will always be your princess, and you will always be my dragon. Nothing will come between us, especially not Doug." I said seriously. "Not even your jealousy will drive me away." I laughed which got a genuine smile out of Mal.

"I love you Princess." She said softly.

"I love you too my fierce dragon." I said with a kiss to her forehead. We fell asleep tangled in each other's limbs with only one thing on our minds. That we were together for life, with nothing to come between us.

Word Count: 938 words