Chapter One

Senior year of high school, it was supposed to be perfect! I was supposed to have awesome classes great friends and no stress! I couldn't have been more wrong!

My name is Lilah-Lyn Marks but every one calls me Scarlet for two reasons, my fiery red hair and my OBSESSION with "Gone with the Wind". I live with my loving family in the quiet green mountains if California. And when I say family I mean cousins,aunts, uncles, third cousins twice removed, you name we're here! We all are on this huge farm that has been in the family since the early 1900's. To us there is nothing more important than family, and I love it, they keep me grounded!

But back to the story here! It was the beginning of senior year and all seemed fine, I had my two best friends Rachel and Stacy and we had our little group made up of the random social outcast that were regarded as "unusual" in our small rich town school.

Rachel had dark dirty blonde hair and she was about 5'3". She had her own style and didn't care if people thought her obsession with Netflix shows was weird. She was very outgoing and a member of our schools cross country team.

Stacy on the other hand was the complete opposite! She was shy and kept to herself. She's about 5'6" with blond hair with a bright teal layer underneath.

From the beginning I never fit in, everyone else loved video games and staying inside all day but all I ever wanted to do was be outside riding or at least reading! ANYTHING to keep me outside where my neighbors smokin brother could see me! They were content with just coasting through life and allowing nothing outstanding to happen to them, but not me! I wanted my senior year to be the most memorable year of my life! I took easy classes, only joined two club, and avoided sports at all costs! Except football of course! My little brother and two cousins played on the team!

The year started off great! Until Lyle showed his face! He broke up with his girlfriend Cathie when she cheated on him with my only ex. She dumped him on a Friday and the next Monday I got the largest shock of my life! HE WAS DATING RACHEL!

She used to always tell me "I don't need a man to make me happy" or "I want to be friends first then serous relationship" but lo and behold she was attached to him faster than you could say "Hello"!

At first I HATED him! I know that's mean but hey! he's rude and heartless to people in tough situations.

My friend Stacy has had family issues and she's always quiet and she tells us she's depressed and we've tried I help her but she never takes our advice seriously.

Lyle thinks it's fun to be rude and blunt with his advice telling her to get over herself. Rachel just turned a blind eye. It was horrible!

~I think this is a good place to stop... sorry it took so long my birthday was in thanksgiving and I had a lot of cooking to do! I really hope y'all enjoy this book! lemme know what you think!!! <3