Nine

Duke in MM (IG - rolandagli ✨)

-

         Sitting across from Duke as we ate lunch together, I looked around the small diner at all the people enjoying their food before focusing my attention on Duke who seemed to be in pure bliss to be back in his hometown

He introduced me to this place called Jucy's burger and I had to admit this was probably one of the best burgers I've ever had before.

When we walked in it amazed me how everyone welcomed him with open arms and were so excited to see he was back in town. Of course he took pictures with people and even signed a few autographs for some kids, it was cute. And the smile on his face and the happiness radiating off of him made it even better.

We had arrived in town around noon and decided to get food to bypass sometime until we were able to check into our hotel rooms at three.

The place he was from was a city called Longview, Texas. It was small, but at the sametime kinda big. The people seemed to be very familiar with one another and I was alittle anxious to see more of what this town had to offer.

"You seem really happy to be back." I pointed out as I tossed a fry in my mouth.

"I am, its been a while honestly. I don't come back as much as I should." He admitted. "But it's Friday so I'm sure my Lobos are playing tonight, you gotta come to this football game with me and see how us Longview folks get down."

Laughing, I shrugged down for whatever. "I love watching sports so I'm down for that. Pretty sure they aren't better than my Cavaliers at Lake Travis though." I boosted proudly.

Waving me off, he laughed. "Girl please."

"Tell me something though, since we've known each other I have yet to see or hear you speak about a woman or any type of love interest. So my question is are you single?" I asked being my typical nosey self.

Sitting back he looked at me for a moment before looking down at his food chucking to himself. "I am single, but I thought that was pretty obvious though. I haven't been in a public relationship since Dionne and I broke up."