Change

{Jay POV}

I screamed out in pain. Hours I've been at this. Looking for Nik's fucking family. Ive been astral projection all fucking morning looking for those damn coffins. And all the noise from construction down stairs and stefan little episode about the hybrids. I'm not leaving. I got up from the floor and kicked the bed frame. I screamed again and dropped back to the floor.

"The bloody hell is going on up here?" nik stormed in. he looked down at me with his eyebrows raised and his hands on his hips.

"I broke my toes." I mumbled. Snapping them back into place so they can heal faster.

"Umm why?" he pulled me up from the ground.

"Cause some stupid witches are blocking me. I see the coffins for like a second and then they like; burn my eyes, give me anuisms, break my bones. Just pain so fucking much. I got used to the pain of breaking every single bone in my body! They have been giving me pain worse than that all fucking mornin!" i ranted and kicked over some candles. "Wherever he's hiding them it's dark and protected by witches. They are even blocking my locator spell! I've tried fifteen different kinds, niklaus!" the flames of the candles shot up to the ceiling.

I sat on the bed and rubbed my temples. Nik vamped out of the room, I think I scared him. I got up and picked up the candles I had knocked over. I huffed and sat on the floor trying again. My mind found the coffins but i didn't look at them, i looked to the left. A small window at the top. A basement? I thought as the witches set my mind on fire.

When i came back nik was sitting cross legged just outside my circle. He held out a glass of whiskey for me, i took it. "Thank you."

"Why don't you take a break, little bird." he stood up and took a swig from the bottle.

I downed what was in the glass like it was a shot. It was probably like two shots. He looked at me a little wide-eyed before trading me the bottle for the glass. I smiled before taking a swig of it. "It's like they are teasing me, I swear."

"What do you mean?" he walked over to the window.

"Like I can see them, I can see the room. Then they just give me the boot after a second. Barely a second.'' I took another swig and stood up. I was still in just my sweater from yesterday, my legs were bare. "It looks like a basement."

He scrunched his eyebrows together, "clerver, using witches to hide them."

I took another sip before putting it down on the dresser a hybrid had moved in. "it had a window so it can't be completely underground and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. So possibly abandoned.'' I put out the candles.

"Well, sadly there are plenty of places here that fit that description." he refilled the glass and leaned against the dresser. "Put on some clothes and get some blood in you, you haven't had any all day."

"All day?'' I grabbed my phone off the bed. 5:15. I looked out the window and saw the sun starting to set. "I didn't realize how long i've been up here."

"Yeah you've been at this all day." he grabbed the bottle. "So put on something nice and drink some blood, cause we've got a fundraiser to attend." he started walking out the door.

"Do I have to go?" I asked as he was already out the door.

"Yes," he shouted.

I pulled out me black sundress with buttons up the back and a pair of black stilettos. Not too dressy, not too casual. I brushed out my hair and let it fall down my back. Inspecting the rings on my fingers as I struggled to walk down the stairs. I touched my small hoop earrings to make sure they were secure.