Chapter 2- Am I Really A Bitch?

Goldiva's POV

Two weeks later..

All my life, I wanted happiness. And when I saw a picture of Bruce my mum showed me, I predicted my happiness was assured.

He was so handsome. When I saw him in real life, my breath hitched, and my heart jolted in my chest. He was so tall, muscular, and manly. He looked so hot and intimidating.

I still replayed the way he spoke in my head. His voice was so deep and sexy and within seconds, I got attracted to him.

I kinda shattered when he said in front of his parents that he wouldn't marry me.

It hurt like a bitch.

I also felt bad for being the cause of his departure from the love of his life.

I felt left out when we went to the hospital. The way he was cuddling her and I was standing somewhere feeling awkward. I felt like I was the devil there.

I really didn't like to talk much so I just observed things and kept them to myself. I I wasn't timid per say but I tended to be when I ended up with someone intimidating. And I could even get scared of such a person.

Yep, I was a bit scared of Bruce.

There and then, I knew for sure that I would never be happy in this marriage. But I couldn't go back because I promised my mum way back that whatever the case was I would marry Bruce as long as I spend my life with a romantic handsome dosted hardworking guy, with good manners and the like

And despite his attitude, my parents insisted me marrying him.

"Trust me hun, I can feel this marriage will be the best life choice you've made." She told me.

Before you judge, I wasn't a gold digger.

Not to brag too, I came from a well-to-do family, I worked as a fashion designer in my dad's business so I was actually kinda independent.

I looked up at Bruce who was furiously signing the marriage paper. We were standing close a minute ago but he shifted far away from me, as though I had an infection.

He had never looked at my face properly before but I had and I knew for sure he could feel me secretly gaze judging by his deep frown and clenched jaw. He dropped the pen and walked of the office.

With shaking hands, I also took the pen and appended my signature.

***

"So we signed the papers today, and we're getting married Saturday." I concluded.

"Poor Starla." Terry sighed, sipping her drink.

"I feel so fucking bad." I mumbled leaning my head back onto the couch.

"It's not your fault girl." Lucy said.

"It is! If I hadn't appeared in his life, maybe he would have married his friend." I sighed.

"Maybe, he was destined to later fall for you." Marry shrugged.

"Really? Guys, this marriage means hell for me" I pointed out.

"Later it will cool down." She said.

"Not helping." I gritted and they shrugged while drinking the wine.

"His friend was so pretty." I said.

"Girl, so are you!"

"And so sweet." I added.

"Woah hold on there hun, appearances are deceptive, it will shock you that one day in the future she'll attempt to murder you." Lucy said.

"Yeah besides I know you're more beautiful than her." She said.

"Well her beauty seemed kinda special." I said.

"Because she has a hot, sweet guy in love with her?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah." I hugged my knees and my long hair fell onto my face.

"Girl, love can be redirected. It may take time but it will surely happen." Mary said.

"But during that period there would be sorrow and sadness." I pouted

"Well that's the point." Lucy said frankly.

"So I have to accept he loves Starla? Whatever they secretly neet after our wedding? What if he cheats?" I said.

"True, some guys are dirtbags." Lucy sighed.

***

I turned off the ignition of my car and got out of it to go into the shopping mall. I roamed through the place and got all the items I needed. After I got them scanned and left the mall, I bumped into someone.

My heart skipped a beat when I met Starla.
I had never spoken to her before, and from the look of things, she didn't like me.
She looked me up and down with disapproval.

"Um hey.." I awkwardly greeted.

"What's the matter?" She sneered, and I gulped.

"I know I'm probably the most hate worthy person at the moment-"

"Yes, you are, and you're part of the plan, right?" She sneered coldly, and I flipped my hair behind her ear.

"What plan?" I asked, lowering my gaze.

''Don't play dumb with me, plastic bitch," She said.

Plastic bitch?

I took back my words about what I said about her. My friends were right.

"So.." She ran her fingers through her short locks.
"Do you think Bruce will ever look at your fake face?" She asked.

"No, right? Because he's too in love with me. And there's always a way out of a stupid marriage." She said.

"Are you um..done?" I asked.

"No, Tulula." She sneeref

"It's Goldivia," I corrected, and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll be present on your wedding day." She said.

"Bitch I don't care." I muttered.

"To see how unhappy and ugly your look in that white dress that you don't even deserve to wear. Soon, Bruce will leave you and your sorry ass. "

"Are you done wasting my time?" I asked, exhibiting confidence.

"What the -"

"Well, if you have, excuse me, I have way more important things to do."I said and walked past her to go to the huge mall.

I drew out my phone and checked the list to get what mom needed as I reminisced over what Starla said.

Was I really bitch?