standing up

Newt and Thomas walked down the hallway, till they got to their little group. “Hey Shuck-faces! Why y'all late?” Said Minho, looking at them with a smirk on his face. “Sorry, my alarm didn't wake me up. . .” Said Thomas, scratching the back of his neck. Brenda huffed out a laugh and replied, “Nothing unusual, really.” Thomas gave her a glare, but couldn't fight the slight smile that crept on his face.

“We should go to class, bye guys!” Said Teresa, and started walking with Sonya towards chemistry class. Same did Minho, Gally and Brenda, which walked towards their calculus class. Newt and Thomas ended up walking together to English class.

They sat down together, and after two minutes, their teacher - Mr. Randall came in. Thomas really didn't like him, because he could be an ass sometimes.

Fifteen minutes in, and Thomas already felt like banging his head on the wall. He really despised English, and even more despised Randall's rambling. After a few more seconds, the brunette groaned and banged his head on the table. “Are you alright, Tommy?” Asked the British blonde, putting his hand on Thomas's shoulder. “I hate English. . .” Newt chuckled. “Yeah, I can tell.” Thomas only groaned, but he was thankful to have Newt with him. The blonde started rubbing Thomas's back, and Thomas swore, that if they weren't in class, he would jump him. “Don't worry, only twenty more minutes to go.” “Awesome. . .” murmured Thomas in response.

After class finally ended, Newt and Thomas walked out of the classroom as soon as possible, so they could go find their group. “Hey! Guys! Over here!” They spun around, and saw Gally waving them over. They walked towards their friend. “Hey Gally, where is everyone?” “They'll be here soon.” They both just nodded, before they started a conversation.

After a while, Newt could make out a silhouette resembling a person walking towards them. Newt spun around, expecting to see one of the sinners, but instead he saw Eric - one of the school's biggest jerks. Eric smirked, as he made his way towards the tree boys. Newt only took a small shaking step back, and tugged on Thomas's shirt, claiming his attention. Thomas turned around, and almost immediately pushed Newt behind him. “Oh look, if it isn't our favorite group of fags.” Said Eric, adding an ominous laugh at the end of his sentence. He looked over Thomas's shoulder, stealing a slight glance at the trembling blonde. He scoffed. “Hiding from me, Newtie? Did I beat your whimpering ass that much yesterday?” He said, in a mocking tone. Thomas's eyes widened at his statement. He was about to walk towards the black haired bully, but Gally already stepped in. “Oh really? Oh! Where's your shuck girlfriend at, huh? Probably stuffing her tongue in another dude's mouth like she always does. You don't seem to care though, she's probably more of a sidekick to yo-” Before Gally could finish, a fist connected with his jaw, sending him down to the floor. As his body collided with the ground, he let out a loud groan. “Don't ever talk about Hannah!” He barked. Thomas stomped towards the bully, his fist colliding with Eric's stomach. Eric clutched his stomach, profanities flying out of his mouth every two seconds. “And you! Don't ever hurt any of my friends!” said Thomas, his voice rising. Eric only straightened out, and glared at Thomas, before leaving. When Thomas turned around, he saw Gally sitting on the floor, Newt beside him. “Thank god he didn't break any of your teeth. He's a bloody idiot.” Said Newt, touching Gally's already forming bruise, which only earned him a hiss from the boy.

“I-” Thomas started, but was interrupted when 'oh god' and 'Jesus!' could be heard across the hallway. They turned around, and saw Minho, Sonya, Teresa and Brenda running towards them. Minho immediately kneeled down next to Gally, and started bombarding him with questions like 'are you okay?' 'Who did this' 'why did this happen?'. Gally only stood up, and smiled at the group. “I'm fine. I just need to control my anger i guess.” Newt only shook his head. “No. . . I- just- thanks for standing up for me.” Gally only nodded, before Minho started to drag him in the direction of the infirmary. The rest decided to walk to their continuing classes.