Chapter 1: The Mysterious Light in the Sky

Midnight.
The people of Mobius sat tightly asleep in their villages and towns. The night was quiet, almost as always, with the few exceptions of the night workers, and maybe few parties here or there.

Life had almost went on as usual. That was, until a good bit of people near the coast of the Hills heard a large crash in the ocean.

Not everyone woke up, but a lot did. And those who did woke up to a new island on the coastline of Green Hills. A young, two-tailed yellow fox that had a small workshop right on the beach of that coast was the first to notice. A pair of binoculars in his hand, he looks out of the door to see the mountaintops of the rather tropical body of land.

He struggled to gather words as he tossed his binoculars to the side, picking up a black-ink ballpoint pen as he put it to a small notebook paper, as he wrote off what he was saying.

"O-one thirty-eight in the morning.. A new island has landed on the western coast, close to where I am. Too early to investigate... Will figure out some way to investigate later.." He wrote, occasionally looking up and shaking his head to check his sanity. He stepped to the side as he lay the book on a desk near the wall, then stepping back out to observe it with his bare eyes as he walked out of the building.

The moonlight dimly lit what looked like a shadow of a mountain. Nothing was really distinguishable, yet the fox looked on in wonder as the waves of the coast washed in and out. He stepped a little too close, getting a bit of water on his shoes as he backed off, scratching his head as he thought.

"With that kind of sound... wouldn't the whole city be drowned in water?" The fox spoke.

And being logical, it really should have, the noise was too loud to be a feather-like touch to the ground. With that kind of size there should have been at least a wave that went further than the coastline, if not being large and rather destructive.

"Is this.. an illusion? No, no.. that's impossible. At least.. I'd hope..."

Early Morning
The sun was beginning to rise. A few news outlets reported sightings of the new island at the coast, with a few words of an.. "Angel Island". Obviously, with the legendary name, most people who believed that claim assumed that the fabled echidna tribe lived there. But most didn't agree with either of those claims, as they were ancient religions in which had fallen out of the consciousness of many, besides a few people residing in the rural part of the prefecture. It was considered bogus.

A messy room. A messy apartment. Socks here and there, books and funny little toys and gadgets. A blue hedgehog lie in his bed, as a phone vibrates with an upbeat pop ringtone as his eyes swing open. He lets out a sigh as he rolls to reach the phone, then stopping the alarm. The hedgehog stretches with a yawn, then rubbing his eyes as he looked out of the front window.

As he did, his ears perked up. He shot out of bed as he rushed to the glass and stared out. He hadn't woken up during the night of the island's appearance, so needless to say he was surprised at the sudden appearance of a new body of land. He shook his head a few times, scratched his head. He noticed the crowd of people at the beach.

That's odd, the beach shouldn't be open yet.. Though, maybe it's that island. Wait, so I'm not crazy? The hedgehog thought, before turning away and getting shoes on, to find his way out.

As soon as he touched ground at the sidewalk, he bumped into the yellow fox mentioned earlier.

The blue hedgehog backed up. "Oh, sorry."