seventeen

I started honking and honking until a guy from the car went out. He was tall and I couldn't make out what he looks like until he came walking closer letting the headlights hit him covering his face with his hands his eyes squinting from the light.

My jaw literally dropped. I unlocked my car and he came climbing in my car's passenger seat.

"Luke what are you-"

"Shit! I thought I was going to froze to death"' He exclaimed placing both of his hands on my heater and placing them back on his cheeks.

"What happened, Luke? Are you okay?" I stared at his lips, they were already turning blue.

He nodded, "Its just too cold" He whined.

I can't stop staring at him. His eyes were blood shot. The bags underneath it are so dark and its like his eyes are going to fall off of his sockets.

He noticed me staring and he smiled, "Oh can you tell? I haven't been getting any sleep since the last time we spoke."

I felt a knife stabbing my heart, ripping it out of my chest.

Why is he being like this?

"I guess today's not my day." He mumbled,

"What happened to your car?"

"I popped the hood awhile ago and saw the fan belt was cut. I think it's because it's too cold that it became all crusty and it broke" He shrugged.

I felt relief swarming in my stomach. I was worried that something major happened.

"Are you okay though?" I asked again.

He nodded.

"Did you call the towing company?"

He nodded again.

"Do you want to come with me first back in-"

"No..no. I'm not leaving my car here."

"But I'm not leaving you here to what? Freeze to death?" I retorted.

"Then don't go. Stay. The tow truck will be here in a few minutes. It's been an hour since I called them I'm pretty sure they're on their way."

I sighed, giving in. "Alright."

It was now 8 in the evening and my car is starting to loose fuel. My phone's dead and also Luke's. I just can't wrap the whole situation around my head.

"Luke, just..leave your car here and-"

"I told you I'm not going to leave my car here." He cut me off, answering sternly.

I sighed.

"What happened to us?" He exclaimed out of the blue, my heart sank. I stared at him. His eyes were longing for me and my heart also is.

I looked away. "I don't know" I gulped.

He placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing it up and down.

I still didn't move. I looked far away out the window.

"Phoebe-" He exclaimed and I sat frozen on my seat, he called me by my first name, it felt different hearing it escaping from his lips.

"I'm sorry" He tilted my chin so that I could face him.

"You should...we shouldn't talk about this" I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let me.

"I still love you, do you still love me?" His voice was empty and hurt.

I sank further on my seat, I don't know what to answer him. Yes I still love him but I'm scared that I might hurt him again and I don't want that to happen. I can't let that happen.

"This is all my fault, Luke. I know that you should be mad, be hysterical but I don't.."

"Don't blame yourself, let's just..forget about what happened. You were trapped and so was I. It wasn't our fault." He was really trying to win me back.

"I'm just...please give me more time Luke-" Before I could finish my drift someone knocked on the window startling us both.

"Finally!" Luke groaned.

He rolled the window for a bit and it was the guy driving the tow truck.

After a few moments, Luke and I made our way driving in my car leaving his car to the mechanic to fix.

We were on our way back to Aunt Belinda's house when I realized that I came there with Calum.