Frozen to Death

GUYS!!!
FINALLY 500+ READS!!!
YES!!!
THANK YOU!!

Anyways, this chapter is extremely angsty. Also, I just want to let you know that in my mind, this whole chapter was major FLUFF.
However, I feel really uncomfortable writing it so I'm just gonna make this as neutral as I can.
But you're welcome to add in some fluff (in your own minds) wherever you wish.

Summary: Alanna gets hit by a Dorocha to save Gwen.
(Set in season 4 episodes 1 and 2.)

------------------------------------------------------

Alanna's POV

"I'll miss you Merlin," said Gaius when he pulled away from their hug.

From behind Merlin's door, my heart was thumping so hard I was afraid the sound of it would blow my cover.
Merlin was planning on sacrificing himself?
My eyes widened and I hurried back to the main door, pretending I had just entered before Merlin stepped out of his room with two bags in his hands.
I stormed up to him.

"What the hell do you think you're going to do?" I demanded.
Merlin met my frustrated eyes and put down his bags, sighing heavily, knowing it would take a lot of explaining to make me change my mind.

"I'm sure you know."

"Yeah, duh, of course I do. I'm not stupid. Is there not any other way to close the tear?"

"I'm afraid not. There must be a sacrifice."

"Can't you sacrifice something else? Like a bunny rabbit or something?"

He chuckled but I certainly did not find that amusing.

"Alanna, the tear was opened when Morgause, a High Priestess of the Old Religion died for it. I'm pretty sure a more important sacrifice that a mere bunny rabbit is required."

I huffed and crossed my arms, hoping that he would not see the tears in my eyes.

"You're too important then. I mean, the most powerful warlock to ever exist? That's just overdoing it," I said back. "I should go, I am just a wizard. And both Morgause and I have magic so it'll work as well."

He shook his head. "No. You are not going to sacrifice yourself. Yes you are a wizard, but you're the only wizard in the whole world. Quite literally. You shouldn't sacrifice yourself just for this."

"And nor should you."

Merlin was close to begging at this point. "Please Alanna, understand. Arthur is going to sacrifice himself and it is my destiny to protect him. Wouldn't you do the same for Gwen?"

I sighed resignedly. "Alright. It's... Hard. To comprehend. That I'm just letting you walk off and die to save the world like the idiotic hero you are."

He smiled lopsidedly and hugged me tight. "I'll miss you Alanna, and thank you for understanding. Be safe okay? I know you're terrified of the Dorocha but I promise I will get rid of them as soon as I can."

I grinned and pushed his bags toward him. "Now get out. You're contaminating the place with your stupidness."

He laughed and walked out the door. I gulped and watched him go.
It was hard to realise the fact that he will never walk back through that door again. Ever.
That that was the last time I will ever see Merlin.

----------------------------------------

"She's probably outside Alanna, we have to go get her before the Dorocha come," Gaius said.