Chapter 8

Thoughts

"Spells"

Ancient Egyptian

~Parseltongue~

When I woke up, I was in front of a gold door. It had a gold scorpion on it.

"Open it," Imhotep said

I pulled the necklace it wouldn't come off, but the chain got bigger. I put the key in the door and turned it. The doors open and we enter, I was going to stand at the door but Imhotep grabbed my arm and pulled me behind them. The room was made totally out of gold and had torches all over the place. We walked down the stairs. Once we got to the bottom, and Imhotep stepped on to a picture of a scorpion with wings. Black smoke comes out of the statues of Anubis. The smoke swarms around him and this gold stuff leaves him. When the smoke is gone, Imhotep starts to breathe heavily and looks at his hands. He sticks it out and tries to make some stuff raise into the air but all they do is shake. Meela/Anck-Su-Namun looks at him a bit worried.

"The great god Anubis...has taken my powers. It seems he wishes me to fight...as a mortal." Imhotep said

I had to open a few more doors. We finally got to a room. Imhotep finally let go of my arm. We came to a door, you could see fire being thrown. Imhotep being the overdramatic person he is throws off his cape.

"I must face the Scorpion King alone," Imhotep said

We both looked at Meela/Anck-Su-Namun and waited for her to say something. It took her moment.

"No. You must not. Without your powers, he will kill you." Meela/Anck-Su-Namun said

Imhotep reaches out and grabs the book of the dead that was in Meela/Anck-Su-Namun's hand.

"Nothing can stop us. It is our destiny!" Imhotep said

She takes the book from his hands and sets it to the side.

"No. I don't want to lose you again." Meela/Anck-Su-Namun said

They then pull each other into a kiss. I just look away. I see Imhotep pull away and run down the hallway. Meela/Anck-Su-Namun runs to the opening and screams no. I move to leave when I hear Jonathan.

"It's time someone taught you a lesson, wench. Come on." Jonathan said

Meela/Anck-Su-Namun kind of just looked at him. Jonathan bounced up and down and moved his fist around. She walks down the steps, I see Alex grab the book. Meela/Anck-Su-Namun now stands in front of Jonathan.

"This is for my sister," Jonathan said

Meela/Anck-Su-Namun punches him the face. I move to follow Alex, but I get a feeling and I follow the feeling. I see on a wall there is an opening for my key. I move and unlock it. I push open the door. I walk in I see on the wall scratches, the scratches turn from fingernail scratches to claw marks. I walk a little deeper into the room to see the bracelet of Anubis on the ground. I walk over and pick it up. It heated up in my hand, it got so hot I dropped it. I looked down at my hand to see nothing. I heard my name so I turned around but no one was there. I heard it again so I whipped around but I still couldn't find anything. The room I was in started to shake. I felt a gust of wind, that was hot but cold at the same time. I turned around and came face to face with Anubis. I bowed to him.

"It is an honor to be in your presence," I said

"Rise, and speak with me. I have watched you since you were born again young one. I have seen the hardship you have gone through. Tell me who do you worship?" Anubis asked