//Day 2\\

The next morning, Logan awoke on the couch, his head feeling better but his back and shoulders tight from how he had slept. He had to be thankful for the little things though and not being forced to deal with head trauma was something he was thankful for. Also, even if It was not the most comfortable sleeping arrangements, they could have left him tied to the chair. That would have been dreadful to his posture and even worse for the current state of his muscles.

Opening his eyes, Logan immediately regretted it. He had felt the cold stare of someone, assuming that Drake had been watching him. Instead, he met the wild eyes of Remus, just far enough from his face that Logan didn't feel his breath. "Good Morning Databyte... oh... wait, do you bite? That would be interesting." Remus grabbed Logan by the shoulders and pushed him up so that Remus could sit on the couch. It was difficult to sit properly while his hands were still tied, but after a bit, he managed to sit up without falling into Remus' lap.

"How hard do you bite? Drake bites pretty hard but I like it." He giggled and continued to ramble nonsense that Logan simply wasn't able to absorb this early in the morning. He needed breakfast and coffee before his brain would absorb anything, and they had fed him last night so the probability of him getting breakfast was increased.

For now, though, he was stuck listening to Remus. His voice was strangely comforting. It was so very similar to Roman's, a voice Logan had based his identity around for years, but it was different enough that the pain of that nostalgic voice didn't seem to overwhelm him. Logan closed his eyes, allowing himself to relax at the sound of Remus' voice, telling himself it was just so that he could rest his injured head.

"I'm going to do so many things to Roman when he gets here. Maybe I can bite off a chunk of his skin."

"If you don't allow your brain to get in the way, your jaw can produce enough power to bite through someone's finger, so a chunk of skin should not be an issue."

Remus fell silent and it was only then that Logan realized what he had said in his half-asleep state.

"Apologies, I'm aware that facts like that-"

"Don't apologize, that was amazing!" Remus was turned towards Logan now, getting uncomfortably close. "What other amazing facts do you know?"

Logan was flustered, no one enjoyed hearing him talk about the strange things he had learned through his years of research. They typically only wanted information from him if it was useful. "Well... um... were... were you aware that the size of human brains is not what plays into our supposed intellectual superiority, but rather the number of ridges and folds within our brain?"

Remus was completely enraptured with Logan and the strange facts that he knew about the body, now kneeling on the couch with his hands on the cushions so that he could be as close to Logan as possible, without actually touching him. It was strange, but Logan was rather enjoying having a captive audience.

"Damn, you are so smart, you obviously left my brother because you were too smart for him."

Logan's face fell, the slight gleam in his eye disappearing as he remembered the event. "I left King Roman's service due to a disagreement in how a certain group of citizens should be treated."

"Yeah, that sounds like him." Remus sighed and plopped his butt back onto the couch before putting his hand on his chin. Obviously not wanting to think about that topic he began to ramble again and Logan was content to go back to listening.

His mind still wandered at the soothing inconsistency between the newness of Remus' voice contrasted to the hints of familiarity. How long had it been for him to have the chance to sit and listen without consequences if his mind chose to wander? It was pleasant.

The rest of his day went by similarly, listening and talking with Remus, at least it didn't leave him bored.