Whelp (Vilkas x reader)

"Whelp! Clean my sword!"

"Whelp! Fetch my shield!"

"Whelp! Bring me some ale!"

This was all I ever heard from Vilkas. Sure, he's one of the older members, and a member of the Circle, but that doesn't mean he can tell me what to do.

I pushed my [H/L], [H/C] hair out of my face as I heard Vilkas call me again.

"Whelp!" He shouted. I rolled my [E/C] eyes.
"What is it this time, Vilkas?" I snapped. As I walked into the mead hall, I smirked. Vilkas' face was priceless! His mouth was agape, eyes wide. His mouth opened and closed like a fish.

Who knew one little sentence could set him off like this? I should do it more often...

"Whelp..." he finally got out, voice low and quiet.
"Uh oh," someone murmured to the side. "This doesn't look good."

"Whelp!" Vilkas shouted. He started towards me. I gulped, bolting the other way.
"Oh no you don't!" Vilkas ran after me, knocking away tables and chairs. This maybe wasn't the best place in the world for this.

"You're not gonna catch me!" I taunted, turning around and sticking my tongue out at him. Vilkas let out a roar, somehow running even faster than before. I turned back around, concentrating on not getting caught.

We ran around the main set of tables a few times. At this point, Vilkas had stopped to take in some air. His breaths were short and deep, like he was seriously in need of it.

I squatted down effortlessly in front of him. "Looks like I've won this," I smiled. It was met with a glare.
"Not if I can help it!"

Vilkas launched at me. I barely had time to register what was happening before I felt a giant weight on top of me.

"Gerroff!" I groaned, pushing him away. "Gerroff!"
"No," he panted. "No. It's time... you learned to... respect your elders!"

Our small wrestling match continued. The rest of the room had grown silent as I said,
"So you're admitting that you're getting old now?"

Vilkas' eyes held a light to then that I'd never seen before.
Great going, [Y/N], now you've made him real mad. You're dead meat.

He held up a fist. I watched as it came sailing down, towards me.

"[Y/N]! Vilkas!"

We looked up to see Kodlak standing next to Skjor, a wicked anger sweeping across his features. Vilkas' hand hovered just above my head.

"What do you two think you are doing?! What if a newcomer were to walk through those doors? What kind of impression would they get if they saw two of our warriors having an all-out fight?!"

We glared at each other.

The next thing I knew, our heads were knocked together.

"Oww!" I cried out. Skjor moved away, a satisfied look on his face.
"Maybe now you two will learn," he said.
"Not so fast, Skjor," Kodlak replied. Disappointment was evident on his face. "There is still a matter of punishment..."

* * * * *
I groaned. "Argh! Why do I have to be stuck with you!" I shouted. "I hate this!"
"Oh, shush. I don't like this any more than you, but it is our punishment. Even if it is your fault..." Vilkas whispered the last part.

Kodlak, as our punishment, had decided that we had to go on a job together. Bonding time, he had said.

Go with Vilkas, they said. It will be fun, they said.