Chapter One | Detention

Millie's POV-

          I woke up to a loud noise coming from my hand, I must have fallen asleep with my phone in my hand. It was my alarm for school. Today is the first day of senior year. I probably fell asleep texting Joseph, and Sadie. I texted Joseph because we went on a movie date last night and he was being all cute and stuff, I was texting Sadie because she is my best friend and was practically dying for me to spill all the details with him.

          "It was just a date Sadiee! Nothing happened." I told her on the phone while I brushed my hair and curled it and put some light makeup on. We were on a FaceTime call so she could see that I was lying because I was most definitely blushing.

"I can't believe you won't tell me what happened" Sadie shook her head. She doesn't think I am telling her the whole story, which is true.

"Ok fine" my palms started to sweat as I remembered last night with Joseph.

          "He kissed me" "Is that what you wanted to hear" I said blushing and laughing."AWEEE" she said clapping and screaming, we both laughed.

          I grabbed my phone from the stand and looked at the time while still on the phone and said "OMG it's 8:49 BYE SEE YOU AT SCHOOL" I ended the call, ran downstairs grabbed an apple from the bowl on the island, said bye to my mom and ran out the door. I stopped for a second and went back inside realizing I forgot my book bag on the chair from packing it last night. So then I bolted for my car, put the keys in and drove as fast as I could, making sure to be careful.

          "OMG IM GOING TO BE LATE" I said screaming at the truck in front of me and honked. Finally they started to move. I  got to the school after 19 minutes, and parked. Knowing that it is only supposed to take me about 10 minutes to get to school.

          "CRAP" I said running through the door late. I saw Joseph and gave him a quick hug and ran to my first class. I looked back as a run to see him staring at me run we laughed. "Oh my bad, sorry" I said apologizing to Finn because I ran into him while I wasn't looking where I was running. He said "don't worry it's fine" and winked because he knew I was laughing at joseph. And with not enough time I didn't bother to run anymore. I was already late. Finn is my friend, he's cool.

          I finally got to my first class. It was math, I could tell the teacher already didn't like me because I was late. I mean it was only like 10 minutes and it's the first day she can't be that mad. "Do you have a pass Ms.Brown '' she said remembering my name because I went to this school last year I got her for detention a couple times because I was either late or I was playing rough with my friends. I hate school, I thought in my head, trying to catch my breath from running "No I-I'm sorry I'm late I- um ran into some traffic--" she stopped me before I could make a believable excuse and walked to me and handed me the slip for detention. Ugh already on my first day back. Did I mention I hate school? 

                                                                                       ***

Comment if you think it's good, any feedback? Stay tuneddd for next chapter :)