Pretty Close to Reality

It was a couple weeks later when we finally talked about what happened.  She came over to my house for the weekend because  her parents  went on a trip. It wasn't  the same as before. We didn't  joke as much or play as many games. My mother noticed.  She pulled me aside and asked me what was going on. I assured her everything  was fine but I realized  if she noticed something  was off, I needed to talk to Grace.

I took  Grace  to my room. I told my mom we were going to play games and maybe skype Merrick. I sat Grace down on my bed.

"Look Grace, we need to talk about  what happened a couple  weeks ago when we were walking  to the store." I say.

She looks  down. " I thought  we could avoid that subject."

" We can't avoid it forever  Grace," I tell her watching  her. Her hair has fallen down, covering her face.

" Dylan, what happened was, unexpected. "

"A surprise. "

"Yes. It definitely  was a surprise... Look  Dylan, do you even like me in that way?" She says moving her hair and looking up at me.

I blush. I put my hands in my pockets  and look down. " Um... Yeah Grace... I do."

She looks down.  I can tell she is blushing. 

" Grace,  do you like me too?" I ask softly.

I watch as she makes the decision  to finally tell me. "Yeah Dylan, I do."

I sigh. Then I realize something.  "What now?"

She laughs.  "Well, we either ignore this and be akward, or we don't ignore these feelings and go forward  with this," she says  slowly. 

" How do we go forward with this? " I ask having never really had this  before.

"Well, we could start over. We could go to a movie or go bowling. "

" I would like that. I think we could go bowling  sometime tomorrow," I reply wondering  if my mom would allow this.

She nods. I see her smiling a little. I smile and then I think, "Shoot, I have a date."