30

Shadow's POV:

"It took you guys long enough. You do realize time is valuable right?"

"Shadow, you say one more thing about us being late or time being valuable and I'll knock your ass out longer than your medicine can." I smiled at Rouge's comment; something she'd say when she's in the "kicking ass" mood. Carmen won't know what's coming to her.

"Okay. Okay. Save that feistiness for Carmen guys got everything you were supposed to bring right?" I stepped aside and let her and Knuckles through. Rouge was carrying four shopping bags filled with chips and candy while Knuckles was trailing in behind her with two blue coolers full of sodas and waters for the trip. I closed the door behind them and followed them into the living room where the rest of the gang was. I stepped in front of the room and did a head count. Everyone was here. Almost time to kick some ass.

"Guys! Listen up!" I shouted over their loud talking and continued to speak when they quieted down and set their attention on me. I took a look at my watch and looked back to the gang. "Alright, we should be ready to leave in 15 minutes. It's at least a three hour ride and we are taking NO detours so I suggest you empty your bladder now." I stopped as a couple members got up and walked off in the directions of the bathrooms. I waited for them to come back so I could continue. "Now, so far, we don't have much information about the doctor's appointment to really go on, but–," I stopped talking, interrupted by Rouge's ringtone. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and answered the call. A few seconds passed by she shot up from her seat and started cursing. I'm pretty sure some of those curses weren't in English, probably in Portuguese which is like a second language to her.

"What the hell do you mean you didn't know?!...AN HOUR AGO? Don't you think that's when you should have told us, you jackass?!...Oh trust me. I'm not mad at you, I'm beyond mad!... How far away are you?...Okay, we'll meet you there, stall her for as long as you possibly can and please try not to mess this up!" She threw her phone in her bag and picked the bags up she brought in before turning to me.

"That was my source. He's just informed me that Carmen decided to go the doctor earlier than planned! She should be home in less than two hours. He's like an hour away and stall for as long as he can. If we're gonna make it there on time, we need to get our asses on the road NOW!"

I'm pretty sure after she finished talking, some sort of alarm went off in our heads and we all rushed to get everything together and get the cars packed. I barely remembered to lock my door after everyone left. Luckily, a lot of the members have trucks with lots of space. We all stuffed the supplies in the trucks and hit the road. Rouge was behind the wheel of her truck with me in the passenger seat and Knuckles, Mileena, and Silver in the back.

Taild took my truck with four other members and was trailing right behind us, somehow able to keep up with the unbelievable speed Rouge was driving. We had at least six to seven cars following us. Luckily, the traffic wasn't too bad, but we still were way behind, even with the shortcuts Rouge was taking. Barely an hour passed when Rouge's phone rang. She used her Bluetooth to answer the call.

"Hello?...She is? Well, stall her!...What do you mean she plans on leaving? Where's she going?...How can you not know? You're my only source to this, Mephiles!–," "Mephiles!!"…Oh shit. Um, look, I'll call you back. Stall for as long as you can and when you can't anymore find out where she's going and text me the location." He ended her call with all of our eyes staring at her.

"Please don't tell me your source for all of this is Mephiles the Dark. The same Mephiles the dark that tried to kill us multiple times four years ago?"