Chapter 4 - Fighting Your Own Kind - Peter

Insert song: Van Halen - Black and Blue

Aoi brought me to the same cottage I came out from earlier. I deactivated my Iron Spider suit and took off my Spider-Man mask underneath. Aoi resumed on hugging me, he buried his face on my shoulder. I hugged him back, burying my face on his hair. I touched his cheek, moving his face to face me. He knew what I wanted us to do. He caressed the hair which covered a part of my face, smiling as he looked me in the eyes. I went forward and kissed him. I turned his body and pushed him against the wall slowly. I released every worries and longings of him.

"Why are you wearing hospital uniform?" I asked between our kisses.

"It's a long story," Aoi giggled, "Do I look ridiculous?"

"It's your color, so it suits you, kind of."

I lifted him off the ground and changed the positions. I leaned on the wall and sat down, putting him on top of my lap. I didn't know why, but my legs grew tired and wanted to rest while making out.

"Come home, Aoi," I said to him when we pulled away from each other, "Come home with me."

"...I can't," he refused, "For now, I can't."

"Why? I miss you! Don't you miss me?"

"It's... co-"

"Complicated?"

"Confusing and convoluted, but yeah, you know what I meant," he avoided my eyes.

"It doesn't have to be! Are you maybe afraid of being caught?" I asked, "You know I'll fight for you!"

"This is exactly why I don't want to come home!" he became furious, "You, putting yourself in trouble because of me."

"Then you rather stay here forever and join the criminals?"

"They are not criminals, Peter. They literally helped save the universe last time."

"They released dangerous criminals from prisons. They are technically considered as criminals now."

"Well I also did it," he pointed out, "So does it make me a criminal too?"

"No. God, no. You were forced into doing it," I opposed, "You are not one of them."

"Actually, Peter, I wasn't forced," he revealed, "I accepted their offer. Does it change your opinion about me now?"

I became speechless. I was shocked when he said the real reason he helped BoM.

"Tell me you are joking," my voice became shaken, "It's a lie, isn't it? You are just messing with me."

"It's not," he shrugged, "Mr. Erik came to me on Saturday night and picked me up. I voluntarily accepted it."

"W-why? I thought you felt bad about what you did on the mission last time?"

"I still feel bad about it. But I'm also scared of being arrested. Mr. Erik offered me protection and security from the government. He promised me, he won't let them get me. But in return I also have to free my fellow mutant people."

"But you are freeing prisoners! They are caught for a reason, Aoi. They are not some people you should let to walk freely. They are dangerous."

"Yeah, like me," he shot back, "I am dangerous. I killed people too last week. In fact, I think I killed more people than those people did. I should be put into the Ice Box too, right? Is that what you mean?"

I was stunned. I couldn't argue with what he told me. He did kill people too, even when it wasn't intentional.

"N-no, of course not!" I stuttered, "What you did was an accident."