53. hogsmeade

     "LUCKILY HARP COULD GRAB HIM

"LUCKILY HARP COULD GRAB HIM."

"I thought he was dead for sure."

"But he didn't even break his glasses."

"That was the scariest thing I've seen in my life."

All those voices surrounded Harper, but she didn't listen, as she held onto Harry's hand tightly, hoping he would wake up soon. Hermione stood next to her and was hugging her. Ron stood on her other side, looking quite pale as he had put his arm around her neck.

Harper sighed in relief when Harry's eyes snapped open. "Harry!" she squealed. "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" her brother replied, sitting up so suddenly that they all gasped.

"You fell off," Fred said. "Must've been — what — fifty feet? Fortunately Harper caught you."

"We thought you'd died," Katie said, who was shaking.

"But the match," Harry said and Harper tried not to flinch. "What happened. Are we having a replay?"

Harper didn't dare to tell him and neither did the others as a silence fell into the hospital wing.

"We didn't — lose?"

"Diggory got the Snitch," George explained. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a re-match. But they won fair and square . . . even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" Harry said, looking around to look for their captain.

"Sill in the showers," Fred replied. "We think he's trying to drown himself."

Harry put his face to his knees, his hands gripping his hair. Fred grabbed his shoulder and shook it roughly.

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before."

"There had to be one time you didn't get it," George added.

"It's not over yet," Harper said. "We lost by a hundred points, right? So if Hufflepuff lose to Ravenclaw and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin . . ."