DIGNITY: SOMETHING'S WORTH KEEPING

One of the greatest things that happen in life is having a relationship with someone who is for you. Imagine that you're waking up and going home every day with a smile on your face since you knew that your relationship is genuine and healthy.

 Imagine that you're waking up and going home every day with a smile on your face since you knew that your relationship is genuine and healthy

But what does it cost in a relationship? Time? No, not just that. Feelings? Hmmm, for heartbreaks and falling in love? Not just that either. It's dignity. Dignity is something to do with self-respect, and self-respect is also self-love.

You might be wondering, how does dignity enter in a relationship?

Well, your relationship should be cooperating with your dignity because a relationship thrives on mutual love and respect for each other. That is why if you notice, a healthy relationship includes couples who understand others well and compromise to fulfill the wishes of each other for the sake of their relationship.

Mutual understanding and compromising provide the sense of self-love of each partner and thus, both of them live with dignity while they're in a relationship. By living with dignity, each partner feels worthy. For those who are thriving for a relationship, always maintain mutual respect for each other.

Finding a relationship is easy, but finding love is hard. You can date a lot of people out there but remember, not all of them will stay in your life and maybe (hope not), that you may enter a toxic relationship, a relationship that is so toxic that it made you sacrifice your dignity- never settle for less, you know that you're better than that.

 You can date a lot of people out there but remember, not all of them will stay in your life and maybe (hope not), that you may enter a toxic relationship, a relationship that is so toxic that it made you sacrifice your dignity- never settle for l...

Sacrificing your dignity for the sake of your relationship is a sign that your relationship is worth dumping off since you already gave away your self-respect for your partner. Oh, now you're thinking that you're in a love story? It is a love story, a tragic love story, a story that can kill you. Don't make it happen.

If you're having a hard time ending that toxic relationship, ask yourself: is it still worth keeping? You lovebirds may spend many years dating, but if you noticed that your relationship is falling apart and is already making you sacrifice your dignity, it's time to throw off the towel and move on in life. That's a sad reality, imagine all the moments that you've made together, the person who gave you the best memory will end up as a memory.

Love, is a two-way street, if you sacrifice for your partner, your partner should also sacrifice for you. If you paid for dinner, then your partner should pay for the drinks. If you paid for the movie ticket, then your partner should pay for the snacks. See? Those simple acts of love are already savoring your dignity and your relationship. Do you see how perfectly balanced your relationship in those situations?

You may have problems in your relationship and that's perfectly normal because a relationship that doesn't have a problem IS also a problem. But if the problem got out of control and is making you sacrifice your worth, it's better to sacrifice the relationship instead. You're not just saving yourself in this situation, but you're also saving your partner.

Don't you guys want to have a great memory of your relationship instead of letting the toxicity ruin the essence of it? It may be hard to let go but remember: the right relationship will not make your dignity suffer.

True love always prospers, but to find True Love, you have to love yourself truly.

----------------

About us:

You and I Matter are dedicated create meaningful content that promotes personal growth, creating a positive space, spreading positive vibes and collaborating to get through rough patches.

Join our growing community at:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/youandimatter

Twitter: www.twitter.com/youandimatter

Facebook: www.facebook.com/youandireallymatter

Community: www.facebook.com/groups/youandimatter