The Princess

"Mommy look what I built!" Young Jessie called for her mother. Jessie, aka Jessica, was 5 years old. Young and naive but very smart.

"That's great sweetie." Isa, was Jessie's mother and founder of do their city.... and unfortunately a very busy woman. So busy she sometimes forgot to give her daughter the attention she needed

"MOM YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!" Jessie stomped her feet in anger. She wanted her mother's attention.

"Honey mommy's busy." Isa looked down at her. "I'll see you at dinner okay?" She kissed the young girl's forehead before walking away.

Jessie frowned watching her mom walk away. She was just 5 years. She didn't know any better so she did need her mother.

7 years later...

"Why can't I go with you?" Jessie complained.

"It's dangerous Jessica." Isa explained

"Doesn't it make it more dangerous to go alone?" Jessie crossed her arms. She was 12 now. She knew what to do now.

"If anything happens to me, you need to be here to take over."

"But mom-" Jessie began

"No buts. You are to stay here in the palace." Jessie sighed. This really wasn't fair. Isa flipped the lever and removed it on her way down the mine-cart.

"I'm not staying here mother." Jessie walked away from the tracks. She always did what her mother asked for and got nothing from it. Not this time.

"Princess where are you going?" Reginald, one of the palace guards asked. He found her by the palace doors with a back pack.

"I'll be back before mom gets back. I promise."

"I can't let you go outside."

"Please let have this Reggie. My mom isn't here. I just want a little freedom." Jessie begged. "Please?" Reginald looked hesitant for a moment. It was true the Princess barely had any freedom. Almost no one knew of the Princess's existence so it shouldn't be a problem to send her alone right?

"Alright. Be back before your mother though." Jessie smiled and nodded before rushing out the door. This should be fun.

4 years later...

"Princess you can't keep sneaking out." Reginald told her. Jessie was now 16 years old. And to a fine young woman she had grown. She looked a lot like her mother when she was teen. Not a single trace of her father and good riddance. She didn't even know the guy anyway.

"Mom hasn't caught me Reggie. And I always come back before she arrives." Jessie was at the door. "No one knows who I truly am. I'll be back before you know it." Jessie smiled before leaving. Reginald frowned and sighed. He really didn't like keep secrets. Specially from the founder.

Jessie laughed as she jumped from roof to roof. It was late at night and she could see all the stars from where she stood and the void! She loved the void, always wondering if there was more out there. More than just living here on this island.

"Jessica!" She heard a familiar voice. She looked down at the ground and saw Atlas, one of the residents she had made friends with.

"Milo!" Jessica jumped down, giving him a scare.

"Don't do that." Atlas told her.

"It was a short jumped Atlas. Nothing to be scared of."

"You know what your mother would do if you didn't come home? The whole city would suffer."

"Oh come on you're so dramatic." Jessie roller her eyes. "My mother wouldn't do such a thing. She cares about her city more than anything."

"That's not true. Surely she cares more for you."

"If that were true I wouldn't have to sneak out every week." Jessie sighed. "Anyway let's get going. My mom won't be gone forever."

"You have anything new?" He asked in an excited tone as they began to walk

"Yeah I found a couple of blocks in a chest but I'm not sure what they do."

"Well new is new right? We'll figure something out." Jessie nodded following after him.

This had begun to be her weekly routine for the next 4 years. Isa never found out and Reggie didn't mention anything. Jessie felt some freedom in her life... until HE showed up.

Soooo I did a bit of a rewrite xD

Honestly I wanted to give more in depth of Jessica's past. How she grew up and got her sense of adventure. Somethings don't make sense towards the end there BUT I am written this at 4 am after a 10 hour shift sooo xD

Stick tuned for more.

I missed writing

I might add some mild language here and there ya guys cool with that???