[8]

[scene]

Dex waited at a small table at the boba tea place. Lots of teens from his school came here to do homework or to hang out with their friends.

Usually at later at about seven, young kids and their parents would come here for dessert. Then near ten o'clock, there would often be millennials around.

It was only three-fifteen, because their high school ended at about three.

Dex rode his bike often, even though he was 16 already and allowed to drive, his large family shared one car and his father brought it to work.

Dex was on his phone when Biana burst through the boba cafe doors and scanned the room for him.
Dex got up from his seat and walked her way.

"Have you ordered yet?" Biana asked him, standing in line.
"No, I was waiting for you," Dex admitted shyly.
"Thanks," Biana smiled. "What do you think about getting?"
"Ah, I really like the mango slush with popping boba," Dex said.
"I usually get the iced green tea or the taro milk tea with custard topping," Biana scooted up in line. "I dont know what to choose! What do you think?"

*cue that meme music with the ticking*

"Uhhh..." Dex had no idea either, and they were getting close to the counter. "I think you should get the taro."
"Okay."

They reached the counter and ordered.

"Cash or card?" The girl at the counter asked.
"Cash," Dex replied and handed over a ten dollar bill.
"Thank you!" The girl gave Dex a receipt saying their number, 51.

"Thank you for paying," Biana thanked as they waited for their tea.
"No problem,"  Dex said with a toothy grin.
"Fifty-one!" Someone at the counter shouted.

Dex and Biana grabbed straws and their drinks.
"You guys look cute together," someone at the counter said.
"Uhm," Biana sweated, "we're not a couple."
"Oh, sorry," the person ran off embarrassed.

Biana and Dex awkwardly laughed it off and headed to their table.

They talked for a while at their table and around four Dex left to take care of his siblings when they got out of school.

Biana felt quite happy after seeing Dex.

But what she didnt know was that a familiar face was behind the counter.