Chapter Fourteen: We All Want To Be Needed

The bedroom door opened. Joshua's spine instantly straightened at the sound, yet he dared not turn his head. Muffled footsteps on the carpet grew nearer and nearer until Tyler was in front of the reporter.

"Are you ready?"

Joshua tilted his head up. He didn't know why he hesitated in answering; shouldn't he be able to trust Tyler by now? Of course not, he was a man grotesquely obsessed with killing. But part of him still did.

"Yes."

The killer wrapped his hands around Joshua's and pulled him up from the bed. He was half naked, dressed only in boxers, but Tyler would take care of that when they reached their destination.

With soft, caring guidance, Tyler bowed Joshua's head and slid a knitted hat with ear flaps over his head. He was confused at the sensation and tried to ask why he was doing it, only to be interrupted.

"You'll be getting into the trunk and I can't risk people noticing you. It's bad enough I have to keep the blindfold on. Let's just hope and pray nobody's feeling nosy today." Tyler explained, taking Joshua's hands up yet again. He led him through the house and to the front door, where he stopped again.

Joshua's whole world was black. He laid complete faith in his captor and was unable to even step forward without fear of running into a wall.

"We're going to make this as fast as we can. People are on the lookout for you and those women, so I bought the car up as close as I could. You'll be crawling into the trunk, okay?"

"O-okay."

Joshua heard a small chuckle. Suddenly, his blindfold was lifted up temporarily. Tyler gazed into his eyes and brought himself closer. "You are beyond adorable."

The reporter's cheeks burned red and he gave a small smile. It made him feel warm and good inside, and Tyler knew that. The killer leaned forward ever so slightly and pressed a small, chaste kiss to his lips.

"Let's go, darling."

The lingering sensation of Tyler's lips remained on Joshua's, providing him comfort as he was ushered out of the door and immediately into an open trunk merely five feet from the door.

"Lay down, curl up." Tyler whispered, gathering a blanket from somewhere else in the trunk. Once Joshua was in the fetal position, Tyler gently draped it over his body. "I'll see you in a bit." He said.

That brought another smile to Joshua's face. He curled up tighter and brought his bound hands to his chin, reveling in the feeling of Tyler's love and care.

The trunk was slowly filled with small boxes and bags, all delicately placed around and on Joshua. Only the lightest of bags would reside on top of his plaything, no damage could come to him.

Once the car was packed, Tyler got into the front seat and started the engine. The car rumbled to life slowly and Tyler pulled off of the walkway and out onto the road.

They drove for maybe ten minutes before Tyler killed the engine and parked. Joshua lifted his head slightly, but didn't dare say anything. He could hear Tyler lean over the front seat and say, "I'll be back in a bit. Stay put."

"Okay." squeaked Joshua. He settled back down and tried not to count the seconds in his head until Tyler was back.

It must have been 20 minutes before the locks clicked, signaling that Tyler was on his way back. The middle door opened and a weight pressed the car down slightly, followed by a heavy sniffing. Was that a...dog?

Josh nearly sat up, but thought better of it. He waited, listening to the sounds of a large dog licking its chops and continuously sniffing the air.