Chapter 3 - I Am Cruel

Cooper sat in his car outside his studio apartment in Silver Lake. It was raining, the large puddles forming on the ground reminded him how unprepared the city was for storms. The sewage systems weren’t equipped for that much water so large puddles quickly formed instead of draining away. A cat sitting under an overhang loved up at the grey sky pensive in thought. But, unlike the LA sewage system, Cooper was ready for this. He was prepared. Stepping out of his car onto the damp city street he proceeded up the staircase to his studio. This was his secret base, away from his Hollywood Hills home that was so close to Walt.

 Entering his studio, it was warm and smelled of incense. Soraya had been burning all kinds of sage and incense telling Cooper it kept bad energy away. Emily Lee had prepared some tea for everyone and Jake sat on Cooper’s old bed with Kayla. A few nights ago Jake visited Cooper in his Hollywood Hills home. Cooper needed the company but filled Jake in on all that occurred at the party. It was rough, Walt was powerful and had an army of celebrities whether they were knowing accomplices or not.

“Just the man we were waiting for.” Kayla greeted bouncing off the bed and giving Cooper a big bear hug. “You ready for the Oscar’s tomorrow. I think you’re going to win!’

“I think so too, if Walt has anything to do with it.” Cooper frowned.

“I still can’t believe you met Luna Lincoln, I mean – okay she is part of this illuminati type group following the biggest evil the world has ever known, but she is such a good singer.” Kayla oozed out a bit of jealousy then turned her attention to the bathroom. Out walked Zeke, his hair longer than before but his baby face looked the same. He was still cleanly shaven but in a worn brown bomber jacket and jeans.

“Hello again friend,” Zeke smiled. Cooper remembered Zeke way back when he first got possessed. Zeke helped him through it, telling him more information than Cooper wanted to believe. The world seemed so much more dangerous now and the steaks felt higher, but the smile on Zeke’s face seemed to brighten it a bit and Cooper was more relieved than when he walked in from the car. Zeke was a regular Van Helsing, a warrior priest exorcising demons and fighting the bad mystical creatures that plagued the world. He was an ancient order that Cooper didn’t quiet understand.

The group all sat on Cooper’s bed, except for Emily who pulled in a chair from the kitchen. Soraya leaned up against the wall with Kayla, Zeke and Cooper faced each other cross-legged, and Jake lay down propping his head up with his arm.

“This thing is bad, but to be honest – my whole order has been trying to find it for years. We believe it arrived on this Earth sometime around 44 BC. Since then, it has had years on this plain but…we haven’t been able to find it,” Zeke explained and he moved a wavy strand of hair away from his eyes.

“I see,” Cooper nodded. “So how do we send it back? How do we kill it? With the purple flame, right?” Cooper asked.

“Well, Hades Bident was destroyed in the fire of that club, right? That purple flame can kill a demon…but, I don’t know if this is stronger or how we can kill it again. I do think we need to kill it, we can’t afford to send it back only for it to come back to our world.” Zeke let out a heavy sigh. “I’ve alerted the council of this and they are making preperations, but we have a very old sacred blade. The God’s Blade.”

“Wow, sounds important.” Kayla said, eating up Zeke’s every world. Her crush on him from the past returned with a strong vigor and everyone in the room seemed to notice except Zeke.

“It’s very important.” Zeke leaned back on his hands. “It was said to be blessed by Arc Angel Michael himself. For it to work, the most devote members of our council must make the ultimate sacrifice at the time of the blades use.”