Chapter 3: M.A.C.U.S.A

(A/n: I am really sorry for the delay I was really busy. Right now I have a winter break and all I have been doing is skiing and getting home late so I didn't have time, again I am really sorry for the delay and I hope you enjoy!)

"Come on" She said as she dragged me and Newt across a street towards a tall building. 

"Er-sorry, but we do have things to do, actually" Newt told her, but the woman still tuged on his coat sleeve while I-unknowingly-held Newts hand so I wouldn't feel the hard grasp of the angry MACUSA lady.

"Well, you'll have to rearrange them!" She snapped back as she guided us through the traffic. "What are you two doing in New York anyway?"

"We came to buy a birthday present." I told her, saying the excuse me and Newt had thought of incase we were asked that question to not reveal what we are really doing here.

"Couldn't you have done that in London?" She asked a little annoyed.

"No, there is only one breeder of Appaloosa Puffskeins in the world and he lives in New York, so no.." Newt said as she moved us towards a side door by the revolving doors. This door had a guard outside it. 

"I got a Section 3A." She said to the man and the three of us walked in. "Hey, by the way, we closed that guy down a year ago. We don't allow the breeding of magical creatures in New York." She said as we enter MACUSA's main lobby. Me and Newt both look around in awe. 

'This is cooler and more astounding than the Ministry back home' I thought while looking around speechless. High above us was a gigantic dial that had 4 faces that looked like clocks. The faces read: Magical exposure threat level. The hand on the dial points to severe: unexplained activity. Behind that was a portrait of the president of MACUSA: Seraphina Picquery. The woman guides us through the busy traffic of people into an elevator that is being operated by a house elf.

"Hey Goldstein." The elf said to the woman. 

'Finally I know her name, well at least her last name.' I thought.

"Hey, Red." She responded as she pushes me and Newt inside. "Major Investigation Department."

"I thoght You was-" Red started to say but Miss. Goldstein cut him off.

"Major Investigation Department! I got a section 3A!"

Red used his long clawed stick to reach the button that was above his head and the elevator moved. I started to get nervous and when I do that I squeeze my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palms leaving marks, I haven't done it since I was in school during Quidditch but this was nerve racking. I realized though that I couldn't squeeze my left hand because I was holding onto something and that something was Newt's hand. At that moment we both realized that we had been holding hands since the allyway. Newt knew about what I did when I got nervous so he gave me a reassuring squeeze and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. I looked up at him and he looked at me and I could have sworn through his floppy hair he was blushing. I gave him a small smile that said 'thank you' . The elevator stops and Miss. Goldstein takes ahold of Newt again, with me still holding his hand pulls us out and away.

"Whatever it is, one thing's clear—it must be stopped. It's terrorizing No-Majs and when No-Majs are afraid they attack. This could mean exposure. It could mean war." I hear a woman say as th three of us quietly and carefully appoach a group of people, who were having a meeting. One of them was the MACUSA president who turned to face us.

"I made your position here quite clear Miss. Goldstein." She said obviously annoyed trying not to let anger out.

"Yes, Madam President, but I-" Miss. Goldstein said frightened but was interrupted by the president.