Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯσ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯσ: Esacping Morando

If Arill was being honest to anyone but himself, he would've said that he had definitely been listening to his aunt and uncle

If Arill was being honest to anyone but himself, he would've said that he had definitely been listening to his aunt and uncle. He had heard the speech his aunt and uncle were saying at least a thousand times as they rehearsed it.

Selkos, he could probably present the speech to the millions gathered that day. You know. If it was his speech to give.

However, Arill hadn't been expecting the literal fireworks that appeared as his cousin was crowned King-in-waiting.

"For hundreds of keltons, Arieidion-5 stood divided between two houses. The House Akraohm of my ancestors l, and House Ventis of my husband's. Today we celebrate the joint of these two great houses into the House Tarron, and declare the heir to the throne to be ready and good."

"This ridge is the mark of our ancestors. And proclaims you worthy of the crown of Akiridion that has stood for righteousness since the ages past."

"It is done," Queen Coranda said proudly, the crowd cheering as the King and Queen presented their son properly to them.

Arill glanced at Lieutenant Zarda, the older female Akiridion was mostly passive, but Arill could see the traces of pride on her face. It had been a long journey for Krel, it was good to finally see the prince- now King-in-waiting- in his rightful place.

"The King-in-waiting will now honor the tradition of a demon of combat," King Fialkov said, making Arill want to facepalm as he watched as Krel grew slightly nervous. Hand to hand combat has never been Krel's strong point.

"Commander Varvatos Vex, step forward," Queen Coranda said as Krel glanced back nervously to Arill who gave him a small encouraging smile.

"Varvatos Vex is prepared to crush," The commander said as Krel gulped nervously. The crowd cheering on Vex.

"Vex, Vex, Vex!"

"My apologies, my royal," Arill muttered as his Uncle made sure that he stayed back. Oh, how Arill wished that he could take the place of his cousin who he had sworn to protect.

"Relax. You'll be fine," King Fialkov said, placing his hand on Krel's shoulder as the King-in-waiting gulped.

"And if I don't?" Krel asked nervously as he peered back at Arill hopefully.

"You'll smile and wave. Like so," King Fialkov said demonstrating as Arill gave his cousin a small thumbs-up, hoping his weak attempt at an encouraging smile wasn't as weak as he knew it was.

"Just go easy on me, would you?" Krel asked Vex nervously as Arill wished that he had taken Arill's offer to practice his almost non-existent fighting skills.

"Varvatos will give you the honor of a glorious death!" Vex said making Arill know that his cousin, really wished he had taken fighting lessons Arill had offered.