The Women in the Water

June 19

                          Ok, so this one is going to start out a little different from the others, there is some weird shit is going on at my grandmothers old house. I fell to sleep last night in my bed, in my pajamas, but when I woke up, I was soaked, water was everywhere, and it wasn't clear tap water, it was muddy swamp water. whats worse, is a of water led from my front door, to my bed. I am really starting to freak out, I thought maybe sleep walking, I really don't know what else it could be, but it worries me that I might have walked down to the swamp in my sleep, if anyone knows anything about something like this happening, I would really appreciate the insight. But for now, I will continue with my story.

             Now where was I? oh yeah, I hadn't told my grandmother about the man with the flute, thinking that she wouldn't let me go back, and she probably wouldn't have, for good reason too, however I had never caught any fish the day before, and really wanted too. So I decided that bright and early I would go down to the bayou and catch that fish. I told my grandmother that I loved her and headed out to the bayou, I turned around to look at her, and she smiled, then blew me a kiss. As I looked at her, I thought I saw something else in my grandmothers eyes, worry. That scared me a little, my grandmother wasn't afraid of anything, so if it worried her, it probably would give me nightmares. as I neared the bayou, I got this eerie sensation of being watched, I looked around, I didn't see anybody. Now for all of you in the comment section saying how stupid I was not to run then, keep in mind that I was a little kid. well, I went down towards the water, and hooked another chicken nugget on my hook, I was excited, the sun was shining brightly on the water, bathing everything in a warm light, today I was going to catch a fish, a big one at that. I was just about to cast my pole, when I heard laughter. It was the happiest, most infectious laughter I had ever heard, I didn't know what the people where doing, but I wanted to do it too. I started to push the the underbrush around the bayou, when I to the spot that the man with the flute had been at, but it was weird, there wasn't any tree's that hung over the water, instead, there was a large rock protruding from the water. that was strange, I hadn't remembered there being a rock at that spot, but I chalked it up to me getting turned around and confusing the location. On top of the rock, where three beautiful girls wearing bathing suits. the girls were a couple of years older then me, and it was their laughter that I had heard. The girls reminded me of the stories my grandmother had told me, about the beautiful selkie girls, women who could turn into seals. My heart leaped in my chest as one of the selkie girls turned to me with a bright smile, she began to laugh, as if she couldn't help herself, I started to laugh as well. the girl beckoned me excitedly towards her, as if she wanted to tell me a private joke. I was so excited, she seemed so nice, I really wanted her to like me, so I hitched my shorts, and began to walk towards her, the cool water was knee height as I waded towards her, she kept motioning me forwards, I wasn't far from her now, just a few more steps, her friends were also laughing and motioning me forwards now, just a few more steps I said to myself as the water reached my neck. I was just starting to take a step, when I saw the drop off. I yelped and began to back peddle. How had I gotten that far? I had only been a few steps away the entire time, so how had I ended up in the middle of the bayou? I looked back at the Selkie girls, the kept beckoning me to come to them. I shook my head sadly and told them that I couldn't swim. The selkie girls looked disappointed, then, one by one the Selkie girls slid off of the far side and into the water, I waited to here their splash, but it never came. that's weird I thought to myself. I looked around, the sun was about to set, how was that possible? I had only been there for a few minutes. I went and got my fishing pole, then I ran back towards the house. I was so excited to tell grandmother about the selkie girls. I don't know what, but something inside me decided not to tell her, maybe it was fear that I would get in trouble, beats me.

            Ok guys, thanks for reading another one of my posts, I am putting a padlock on all of the doors, hopefully I don't go anywhere tonight, Goodnight to all of you, I will probably post the next update tomorrow.