Chapter 6 - Entrance Exams

A week after the incident with Daichi, Itsuki was due to perform in the UA entrance exams. Mirio hyped her up while their dad made a bento box for Itsuki to take. Katsuki had agreed to walk with Itsuki as Mirio had school, Itsuki leaving the house to meet Katsuki at the end of the block. Itsuki hadn't talked much in the past week, but she was getting better.

     "What's in the box?" Katsuki asked. Itsuki said, "No idea," then opened the bento to reveal rice balls, pocky, an omelet, and sashimi. Itsuki smiled a bit and offered the box to Katsuki. "I'm not hungry."

     Itsuki hummed and closed the bento, slipping it into her bag. About 15 minutes later, the two reached the school gates. A green-haired kid greeted Katsuki, but he said, "Get out of my way before I set you on fire." Itsuki glared at Katsuki and slapped his shoulder, turning to the green-haired kid. Itsuki saw him trip and her eyes widened, reaching out her hand and sending solar rays at the boy. When he fell, he landed on a cushion of energy. Itsuki rushed over to help the boy up, the solar cushion dissipating. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" She asked.

     The green-haired boy just stared at her with stars in his eyes. "U- uh..." Itsuki struggled smiled for the first time in a week, gently bowing and running to catch up with Katsuki.

     In the auditorium, about ten minutes had passed. Itsuki sat beside Katsuki and the Greenette was next to Katsuki. A boy with blue hair made a complaint that Itsuki didn't care about, but then he made comments towards her and the green-haired boy. "You with the curly green hair! Your muttering is distracting us all! And you with the orange hair! Your mood is killing us all!" Itsuki stood up and the air in the auditorium quickly grew to sweltering heat. "Oh, I'm sorry Mr. high and mighty, is it too uncomfortable for you? Maybe you should pay attention to and work on your own flaws before picking at other people's. This boy is doing nothing to directly harm you." By now, everyone was sweating profusely and hair was sticking up and to their faces. "I don't care what you say about me, but the fact is that I can't change my current mood. Instead of telling people there's something wrong with them, try asking them politely about it and try to help them." Itsuki sat back down and Katsuki smirked at her, patting her shoulder.

     The blue-haired boy who earlier introduced himself as Tenya Iida sat back down, flustered.

     After a more detailed explanation of the course, Itsuki went off to training station C. As she was about to leave, though, Katsuki grabbed her by the shoulder, turning her to face him. She clutched her bag to her chest and faced him. "Hey," he said. "You'll be fine. Kill em for me." With that, they left to go change and Itsuki headed off with the moment replaying in her head. "Katsuki?" She thought. "Being kind to me? I guess I'll have to get used to surprises." Itsuki noticed the blue-haired boy from before, making eye contact and raising her eyebrow. He flushed and looked away, rushing to the changing room.

     Itsuki changed into a black tracksuit with white stripes on the seams and beltline. She covered herself in a dark grey oversized hoodie. She walked out to the training grounds and stood next to a red-haired boy who turned to her and said, "This is crazy, right? I mean, we're about to fight shit to get into Japan's most prestigious hero school!" Itsuki smiled up at him and nodded. "Hello, my name is Yukihara Itsuki, but just call me Itsuki or Yuki." She stuck out her hand for the boy to shake (which he did). "I'm Kirishima Eijiro, but you can call me anytime!"

     "Smooth, Kiri, smooth." An announcement came on that the contestants could start, Itsuki grabbing Kirishima's hand and dragging him inside while everyone just stood and stared. Another announcement called out, "Don't just stand there, follow them!"

     Students flooded after the two as Itsuki blasted robots back and forth and Kirishima bashed his fists into them, ripping out their parts and wires. Itsuki lost track of him eventually and counted her points to 83. The city structure began to rumble and a huge robot came forth. Students ran away from the monster, but Itsuki saw Kirishima trapped under its feet. Her eyes widened and at light speed, she ran over and melted through the robot's foot, careful not to burn the redhead. She pulled him away and took a protective stance, not saying a word. Her brow furrowed in concentration, blasting herself through the air with her hands. She dove for the robot's face and ripped out the gun on its head.

     Itsuki ended up melting through the robot all the way to the ground, using a tremendous amount of energy. She got to the ground and let the two halves of the robot fall to the ground. She rushed to Kirishima who was on the ground, holding a gash in his arm. Itsuki gasped and gently took his arm. He hissed in pain and Itsuki grew concerned. "That's bad," she said. "I can't disinfect it, but I can seal it until you can get proper medical help. It will sting a bit." Kirishima nodded and Itsuki pulled off her belt, putting it in between his teeth for him to bite.

     Itsuki looked him in the eyes, asking if he was ready. He nodded and bit down on the belt. Itsuki pulled the pieces of skin together, using her heat to melt the skin back together. Kirishima yelped but gritted his teeth on the leather. When she was finished, she apologized profusely to the boy who thanked her and gave her back her belt.

     At the end of the exam, they exchanged numbers and went home.

~~~~~

Words: 1102