First Night Part 1

Jack's POV

   I pulled up at the pizzeria at 11:55 pm a little nervous. He said that it was important to come in before 12 for some reason. I wanted to ask why but didn't bother. I didn't want to come off as obnoxious. I pulled out the keys Mr. Afton gave me and opened the door. As I walked in I was surprised at how much creepier the place looked at night. The party hats sat neatly in a row on each of the table's tablecloths, waiting to be put on. All of the chairs were neatly pushed in and it almost looked as if no kids were ever there today. The whole place was so dark I could barely see the gold star on each of the chairs. I looked around and some of the walls were littered with children's drawings of the animatronics. They were very poorly drawn but at least you could tell what animatronic was in each picture. A shiver went down my spine as I felt myself being watched. I turned around but no one was there except pirate cove which was where that fox was. Large purple curtains with stars on them surrounded the fox's stage at pirate cove. In front of his stage, there was a little sign that read, "Sorry! Out of order". The curtains were open a bit as if someone was peeking through. I felt another shiver go down my spine but decided to focus on something less scary. I looked at the main stage studying each detail. Little stars hung from the ceiling around the stage and paper plates were stuck to the wall to make clouds. The stage featured three animatronics on it, a brown bear, a yellow bird, and a purple bunny. Their lifeless eyes stared into nothingness as they stood there waiting to perform again. The bird's mouth was open a bit as she held her cupcake in her hand. The bear held his mic firmly in his hand, his mouth also opens a bit like the bird's but, it was as if he was trying to say something but was unable to find the right words. Then there was the bunny... he seemed different in my opinion. Unlike the other animatronics, he didn't really look that scary. He held his guitar firmly in his hands, waiting to play another song for the kids that came here. I walked closer to him so I could get a better look at him since it was so dark in here. His red bow tie really did suit him since it matched his purple fur. I stopped right in front of him and stared into his pink eyes. Suddenly I heard something move. I turned my head and looked to the right of me. The bear's head was turned and he was looking at....me! I jumped back a bit in shock and looked back at the bunny. He was looking at me as well and I noticed that the bird was too! I ran all the way to the office and looked around frantically trying to find out how to close the door. As I was searching I heard the phone ring. I didn't know if I was supposed to answer it or not so I just stood there waiting. After a while, it went to voicemail. "Hey, Jack how's it going? Hope you haven't died yet" the man calling gave out a low chuckle that sent shivers down my spine "Sorry I wasn't there to teach you everything about the job, I had some...business to take care of". I gulped at that last part, what could he possibly mean by that!? Then I realized who was calling; Mr. Afton! "Well since I am not there to help I prepared a recording to get you through the night!" he said rather cheerfully "I assure you this night shall not be boring even for your first day." And that was it. The call had ended immediately at 12:00 am and I was hit with another ring. The phone rang a couple more times before my ears were assaulted by this annoying hello. "Hello, hello?" I covered my ears. "Yeah, yeah what do you want!?" I said not really expecting him to answer. "Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night." I sat down in the office chair actually interested in what this man had to say. "Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact! So, I know it can be overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay? Uh, let's see, first, there's an introductory greeting from the company I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you -" I hung up.  I didn't have to listen to that legal stuff I already knew that all I had to do was watch those robots out front and made sure no one got in/stole anything. I just kept checking the camera every five minutes. Finally figured out how to close the doors and that I could turn on the hallway light! Though that didn't help with the fact that this job was SOOO boring. No wonder why they paid minimum wage for this job; you don't really do anything. You just sit in the office waiting for 6 am. It turned to 1 am and I rolled my eyes. "Seriously how could this job get anymore BORING!?" I said to no one in particular. Just then I heard some noise coming from the left hall and I froze. I pressed the button for the hallway light and cautiously looked outside the office. "Um, hello is anybody there?" I asked hoping I wasn't going to get an answer. After a few minutes of nothing, I just closed the door and checked the camera. As I was looking the screen just turned to static out of nowhere. I jumped "WHAT THE FUCK!?". After the static disappeared I noticed that the bunny was GONE!? He wasn't on the stage with the others and I almost died. If my boss found out I lost an animatronic on the first day I'd be fired for sure. I quickly grabbed the camera and the flashlight and headed out of the office to investigate. I left the hallway light on so I could see better but as I got closer to the main room the light went out. I quickly turned around shining my flashlight at the office door. I could have sworn I saw two white orbs for a second. I gulped and continued walking. I looked at my watch and it read 2:30 am. "Okay 3 hours and thirty minutes I can do this." I told myself. When I got to the stage I noticed that chicken was gone too!? "OH MY GOD WHERE DO THESE ROBOTS KEEP GOING!?" I yelled annoyed. I checked the camera again to see if I could find them. When I looked at camera 5 I was shocked to see the bunny's face in the camera. What also freaked me out was his eyes. Instead of the pretty pink, they were earlier they were pitch black with tiny white dots in the middle. I gulped and went to a different camera somehow ending up at camera 6. Though I couldn't see anything I could hear pots and pans being moved and I wondered what could be going on in there. Since it was my job to watch over this place I decided to check it out. As I walked over towards what I'm guessing was the kitchen the sounds coming from the room became louder. When I approached the door I took a deep breath and slowly opened it. My jaw dropped. The chicken was banging two pots together like an idiot trying to annoy somebody. I opened the door a little wider and that's when I heard it creak. I guess the robot heard it too since we both froze. Next, the chicken did the freakiest thing I have ever seen. It turned its head 180 degrees kind of like an owl. The robot was apparently very rusty cause when it moved it made a clear, loud, annoying squeaking noise. When it finally stopped the chicken's head was tilted to the side and the beak was open. The eyes just completed the creepy look that this thing was seemingly trying to create. They were just like the ones that bunny had earlier. I was just about to walk away when I heard the thing make a really high-pitched noise like it was screaming at me. As soon as it started making that sound it lunged at me. I quickly closed the door on it. I felt a bump and then heard a thud. I slowly backed away and made a break for the office but before I made it into the hallway I ran into something. I fell back onto the floor rubbing my head in pain. I cursed under my breath. When I looked up to see what I hit I turned white. 

CLIFFHANGER DUN DUN DUN!!! Well that is it for this chapter and again I am SO sorry about the delay I was really busy (and kinda forgot about the story with my dumb self) so I wasn't able to write the chapters. I hope this long chapter and the next one will make up for it!😊 This was 1551 words.

P.S. My sister was bugging me about it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Editor: Lionheart9357