Chapter 6

Fighting with somebody you love is one of the worst feelings in the world. But, the best feeling is making up with them, and knowing that it is possible to leave the past behind you.

Both Dan and Phil walked out of the meeting room together. Civil, but not talking.

"Um," Phil said. "I'm gonna go to bed. So, I'll see you tomorrow."

Dan nodded and smiled a little, watching Phil walk away.

This time, he turned quick enough before the flashbacks started.

Dan was in the process of walking away, when he felt like he should say something.

"Hey, Phil," Dan turned around, and Phil mirrored.

"Yeah?" Phil asked. Dan was stuck, why did he say something? It just felt right.

"Uh—" He hesitated before finding the right words. He sighed, smiled and said. "Just, see you tomorrow."

Phil smiled, which was nice to see, and said, "Yeah. See you tomorrow."

Dan smiled, and they continued walking opposite ways. Dan felt happy he said something, even if it was the most random thing in the world.

But, at least Phil knew he was trying.

Dan pushed open his clean room and sighed. It was perfect. Clean walls, nice canvas's, bright lights, tidy bed.

And Dan hated it.

How dare this room looked so clean and perfect when Dan felt this way?

How dare it look so amazing whilst Dan's life was a mess?

But, there wouldn't be a point in changing it, the nurses came and cleaned it the next day anyway.

Instead Dan changed into his pyjamas, brushed his teeth and climbed into bed.

He took one last look at this sickly-sweet room and turned off the light to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan woke up bright and early at 7am. He had 2 and a half hours before breakfast, but he was too awake to fall asleep.

He decided the best thing to do was get up, get dressed and wander around.

He was silently hoping Phil was awake, or someone he knew. But Dan liked wandering, he never knew where he would be taken.

Then again, he was in a hospital, so the places to go were pretty limited.

Nonetheless, when he was dressed in an old band t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, he left his bedroom to wander the halls until breakfast.

It was actually quite interesting, he went down halls he hadn't been in before.

But, then again it was a hospital. So, every room and hallway were the same. Big, white and clean.

The halls had nurses and patients wandering about, probably doing the same as Dan.

Walking to fill in his bored-ness.

He was about to give up and turn back to read a book or something, when he literally ran face-first into a man.

"Oh, my God, I'm so sorry," He said quickly as he pulled himself up.

Phil burst out laughing as he stood back up and said, "Apology accepted."

Dan chuckled, "What are you doing out here at 7:30 in the morning?"

"Same as you," Phil replied. "I'm 'bored walking'."