6) Lex You Have Choices

Monday 17th November 2014 (6 weeks, 6 days)

Jess' POV

"Alexie, I'm just about to go out Barclay, do you need anything?" I called to Lexi, who hasn't moved from her room since Friday.

I knocked on the door and called again, no reply. So I gently turned the doorknob and walked in.

Lexi looked lifeless, just like the other days I've come in. She was curled up and looking out of the window. Her face drained of any emotion.

Beside her was the bowl of cereal I had placed there earlier.

"Lex?" I asked again. No reply. She was really scaring me now.

"Mm" she mumbled. I crawled into the bed beside her.

"Lex, you haven't moved in days. You haven't touched your food either, you need to eat for the baby" I began to explain.

"I don't want the baby" she croaked out.

"You don't have to have the baby though, there's plenty of options" I smoothly told her.

"I know, I don't know what I want to do" she sobbed.

"You don't need to decide right now Lex" I told her.

My phone buzzed loudly in my pocket.

"Jess, just go. We can talk later" she told me before closing her eyes again.

"Okay, just try and eat Alexie" I told her before kissing her forehead and leaving, ensuring I closed the door quietly before me.

My phone began ringing, it was Barclay.

"Hey, babe. Lex has been sick all morning, I think she has a stomach bug" I lied "I don't know what to do" I told him.

"Stay there for a bit, make sure she's okay, see me this evening after rehearsals" he answered.

"Okay, thank you" I added. "I love you"

"It's okay babe, I love you too. I'll give you a text when we've finished" he said before hanging up.

I knocked on Lex's door.

"Barclay said I can stay with you, I told him you were unwell"

"Thank you" she said quietly.

"Do you want a cuppa?" I asked sweetly, I saw her nod.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out a big mug, I leant over to the kettle and flipped the switch.

"Here's the milk" I heard Alexie say weakly. She handed it over and sat down on the breakfast bench.

She placed her forehead on the marble top.

"This feels so good" she smiled.

"What does?" I laughed as I brought our cuppas over to where she was sat.

"The cold surface, I've been getting so hot" she giggled.

"A sign of pregnancy" I smiled.

"Jess, I don't know what to do" Lexi frowned.

"There's lots of options to take and there are people to help you" I answered whilst sipping on my tea.

"I know there's the abortion option, but I don't want to kill an innocent human being" she whispered.

"What about adoption?" I asked, taking another sip.

"I don't know, I don't want to do 9 months for nothing, I'm only a few weeks pregnant, I don't know if I could do this" she muttered.

"Loads of people are unable to have children Lex, imagine the happiness you could bring someone by giving them their own daughter or son" I replied.

"I suppose" she smiled weakly.

"See, but whatever you choose, I promise to stay by you and support you the entire way" I beamed.

"But I won't be strong enough, to carry a baby to full term and then just get rid of it" she smiled weakly again.

"What about keeping it?"

"Jess, I'm 17, I don't have a job and I have aspirations. James won't want anything to do with it!" Lexi shouted out. Her hand flew over her mouth as she gasped.

"James?" I questioned.

"Did I say James, urm I meant Jason" she quickly tried to cover herself.

I raised an eyebrow. "So whose Jason?" I asked, watching her facial expression.

"He's urm, urm just some guy I met a few weeks ago" she stuttered out.

I coughed "bullshit"

"Fine, it's James but you can't tell anyone, not Barclay or the girls" she sternly said.

"I promise I won't" I said, placing one hand on my heart. A small giggle escaped Alexie's mouth for the first time in days.

"He doesn't need to know tho" Alexie said.

"He will work it out" I informed her.

"He won't, I told him I was on the pill" she said quietly.

"Oh god Lex, you said took your pill didn't you"

She hung her head and nodded.

"Bloody hell" escaped my lips.

"I know, please don't tell him" she pleaded.

"I won't, when it comes out, Jason is your cousins friends, you met him at a party" I said.

She nodded.

"How far are you anyway?"

"I don't know, like 5/6 weeks I think" she said.

"Right, you need to book yourself an appointment, and I can come with you to the adoption agency" I said.

"Thank you" she said before she burst out crying.

"Oh Lex" I laughed whilst getting up and giving her a hug.

"Bloody hormones" she huffed.

A/N just a little filler chapter. It focuses on Jess and Alexie's relationships as well as all her options. Thank you jessiebabes951 for helping me! The picture is off google btw and the information is off of http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_calendar/pregnancy_calendar_intro.html or told to me by Beth (my pregnant friend)