Chapter 18

Natalie

When the plane landed in Minnesota, I turned my phone off of airplane mode and went to my messages. I saw that I had gotten a message from Camille several hours ago. I clicked on the message and read it. I'm already missing her and it hasn't even been twelve hours since I left Palm Woods.

Natalie: I miss you too Camille. I just landed in Minnesota and I'll be home very soon. Xo.

I smiled and a tear slipped down my face as I sent her the message. I took a deep breath and grabbed my suitcase from the top and walked off the plane to find my aunt. The Minnesota airport was rather huge, so trying to find my aunt would be a struggle. I heaved my suitcases and bags through the airport, peeking through people. Moments later, I found my aunt holding up a sign that said my name and I ran over to her.

"Hey Nat! I'm so glad that you're staying with me!" I hugged my Aunt Monica before we dragged everything to her car. My Uncle Mark was standing beside the trunk of his car, waiting for us to arrive.

"There's my Natalie! How was the flight? Miss your friends already?"

My heart dropped when he said friends. I immediately thought of Kendall and how heartbroken he must be knowing that I'm no longer with him. I didn't answer, I just nodded and slumped down in the seat of the car when I sat down. My mind was racing as all I thought about was my friends and what they must be feeling right now.

"What's wrong Natalie? You seem a little shaken up. Did something happen while you were in California?" My aunt asked, turning her full attention to me. I ignored her and kept my head facing the back of the headrest, considering I was sitting in the backseat. My Uncle Mark turned his back to look at me. His eyebrows were raised, letting me know that I needed to start talking.

I kept quiet the whole ride back home. Every time that either one of them would talk to me, I wouldn't answer them, I would just keep ignoring them. Aunt Monica would ask me questions, but I would always give her short responses every time. Uncle Mark, on the other hand, figured that if I wasn't talking, that he shouldn't try to yank it out of me.

"Natalie Green, you better not walk away from us. You have been quiet the whole drive home and haven't said a word since we all stepped foot into this house. What is going on with you?" Aunt Monica slammed her hand down flat on the table, scaring the living crap out of me.

I pulled a chair out and sat down, tapping my fingertips against the tabletop. "I don't want to talk about it, okay? It's bad enough that you're pressuring me to tell you what happened when I don't even know why I went to California in the first place!" I tried so hard to not think about Kendall, but I failed. He was spiraling through my mind like a tornado at this point. I should've told the guys goodbye myself, but I made Camille do it because I was too busy crying my eyes out in the cab and on the plane.

"I'm sorry Natalie. We just want you to be okay, and when you want to talk, come down here and we can talk, okay?" I nodded and slipped away to my room. After I unpacked all my bags and put my clothes and necessities away, I grabbed my phone and saw that I had another message, but not from Camille. It was from Logan. My heart sank when I read the message.

Logan: Me and the guys miss you so much right now. Jo wishes you would've said goodbye to her before you left. We all wished you would've said goodbye to us. Palm Woods isn't going to be the same without you Natalie. I know you probably don't care anymore, but Kendall has been seriously upset over the fact that you left him without saying goodbye. We love and miss you, please come back.

I threw my phone against the wall and started crying. I wish my mom was here with me. I wish I could go back to two months ago and never ended up at that audition. I wish that I stayed here in Minnesota, but no, my life was completely turned upside down the second I stepped foot in California and the Palm Woods. My life is so different now, and I can't take that back, or at least bring it back to the way it was before. Before my dad left my life. Before my dad became a huge alcoholic. I wish everything was normal again, but it won't ever be normal.

Making my way to my bathroom, I tore my clothing off and turned on the shower, stepping in and letting the hot water run down my back. It felt good to take a nice, hot shower that helped take all the stress that was put over and inside of my head over the course of two months. When I got out, I threw on my pajamas and went to sleep because I was very exhausted.

Vote & Comment!