Jade - Search Party

Almost slipping with each step, Emerald slowly and cautiously made her way down the hill as Magma waited for her. Emerald had been climbing down for almost ten minutes, and she wasn't even halfway down. We haven't got all day, Magma thought. Hurry up! She still wasn't going any faster. Magma looked around and found a large branch that fell off of a nearby tree. He grabbed it in his mouth and flung it towards Emerald. The branch struck the hill and snapped, startling her. She hissed and starting sliding down the hill, similar to how Jade fell. Magma started walking into the woods, knowing she would catch up eventually.

After a few minutes, the duo was already lost. They were listening carefully to the silence, hoping they would hear their sister meowing for help. Nothing. Hopefully we're close, Emerald thought. She and Magma came across a one-room cabin in a small clearing. Emerald looked over her shoulder, looking for approval from him, but nobody was there. Magma was gone.

Meanwhile, Magma was exploring a nearby cave. To any human, it would have been pitch black, but he could see perfectly with his night vision. There were scratches on the walls, a few crushed pieces of rock, and most importantly, food! It looked like some kind of meat, and it smelled strangely like an animal. He didn't want it to rot in this cave, so he dug in, ignoring the growling noises coming from behind him.

Emerald walked into the cabin and decided to wait for Magma there. She found a broken radio, a hunting rifle, and a dog bed. Upon further investigation, the dog bed had green hairs in it. Jade had been there already, and she was probably long gone by now. After a few minutes, the wind started to change and a disgusting odor came through the window. Emerald looked out and saw a dead animal. It looked kind of cute, and she was sad that it had to die so soon. The person that lived in the hut probably shot it with the rifle for food, and were those claw marks in its side..? Emerald decided to leave, just in case that person came back soon.

As Emerald was walking out of the house, she heard a loud roaring sound. It was coming from a cave in the distance. She hurried over to the cave, only to find Magma fighting off a large bear. Emerald hissed at Magma, getting the bear's attention and starting a chase. Magma followed closely behind, unseen by the bear. After about a minute of running, Emerald was cornered against the cabin's wall. She crouched down in fear, bracing herself to be eaten by the bear, but it never happened. She looked up. The bear was gone, and so was Magma. Here we go again, she thought.