9. Insist

"It's not that I don't trust you but... I just don't trust the people around you or well, in this case, anyone who I don't know personally," I said and he sighed, finally giving up. Honestly I didn't even know how much I could trust Minhyun but he had seemed honest thus far so I didn't really have a reason not to trust him either. "We will go together, okay? Just wait for me. Be a good kid and don't run around by yourself. If you're tired of the lunchboxes... You can order pizza."

Minhyun pouted and I refrained myself from poking his cheeks again. Seriously, why do his cheeks just look so fluffy and cute? Get a grip, Dongho. Instead of touching his cheeks, my hand moved to ruffle his hair instead to my own dismay. Seriously keep your hands to yourself.

"Alright I have to go now. Take care of my house for me, okay?"

He nodded and smiled a little. "Have a good day at work."

I nodded and left the toilet to change. After I was done, he bade me farewell again at the front door. Somehow it made me feel more eager to go to work, finish up my work and come back home. Oh god, what is happening to me? I passed by Jonghyun's door and pursed my lips. Hopefully he wouldn't give Minhyun another scare again. After that, I rushed off to work.

"Someone's happy."

I flinched when Bumzu suddenly stuck his head near me as I was listening to the latest soundtrack that we had just finalised. I scoffed and turned away but he pulled the headphones off. "Hey!"

"What? The song ended like a minute ago but you are still grinning like a fool. Love songs make you happy now?"

I felt my face heating up from embarrassment. "N-no! I was just... Happy that we finished the song."

Bumzu huffed and rolled his eyes at me. "How long have I known you for, kiddo? You can't lie at all."

"Ugh..."

"So? Is it that luggage guy?"

"Great. You even have a nickname for him," I groaned and he laughed at my somewhat misery display.

"But like come on, you could still try to go after him. Even if you confess, he accepts and go back, Yada Yada Yada, you'll still get a long distance relationship," Bumzu said cheerfully. My eyes widened and I flicked my eyelashes a couple of times just to try to process what Bumzu had just said.

"Woah. Who said anything about dating him?"

"Uh... If you like someone then you'll want to date them, right?"

He wasn't wrong but do I really like Minhyun that much to try a long distance relationship? I barely even know the guy. "Uh... No. Its not a good idea."

"Suit yourself. I'm just saying. You could just try to get to know him more before he leaves. If you still don't think he's right for you, just don't say anything and let him leave."

I sighed and shrugged. Since when did this topic even derail this badly?

"Anyways. I'll be leaving a little earlier today. Gotta do some grocery shopping and then call his mum for him."

Bumzu gave me the knowing stare and I squinted back at him. "Grocery shopping? Now you're already acting like newly weds."

"Sh-"

"HAHAHHA."

Baekho - > Minhyun

Boring. Ugh. So boring. I tapped my fingers furiously on the table, feeling bored out of my mind but I didn't leave. Not that I had money anyways. There goes my plan to cook something for Baekho too to show my appreciation for taking care of me. Well, I could still do that after we go grocery shopping together I guess. Depending on how long I was allowed to stay. I sulked and laid on the couch but shot up again. I took a chair and slid it up against the door, suddenly reminded that there was still the possibility of someone coming inside who wasn't Baekho. I went back to the couch and rolled around, endlessly watching videos and catching up with series that I hadn't watched in weeks. Back in Korea, I would have been too caught up with my busy life to even watch them yet somehow I had gotten accustomed to not watching them to the point where nothing seemed interesting to me anymore. Still, it was a better form of entertainment than nothing. I glanced at his music studio but decided not to go in again. What if the chair didn't stop him from coming in? I gulped and tried to calm my nerves down. You're over thinking this.