Prologue (Rewritten)

°~Thirty-Five Years Prior~°
°

Third Person's P.O.V.°

Nea smiled softly at the women besides him, gloved ginger gently tapping a key on the piano. She would hum out the tune softly, blue orbs watching the pure-blood with interest.
"How about this one?"
There was a soft key that played through the room, a smile gracing there lips.
"Well it sounds like this?"
She hummed softly, carrying the tune throughout the room.
The response made Nea chuckle, golden eyes flicking over the women's soft smile. Her cheeks where rosy from embarrassment but she didn't voice it.
"Marvellous. You keep your tune steady."
He muttered, caressing her cheek before bending down to her height. Nea's eyes sparkled with urgency, one Grace never truly understood.
"Nea."
His name floated on the wind, wrapping around them before he pressed his lips to her's.
The short encounter was interrupted when the door flew open, the knob knocking against the wall harshly. The two jumped apart, eyes locking on a frantic Mana.
"Cross is gonna kill me!"
The man rushed over to his brother, prompting hiding behind them both.
"You two need to start knocking before you enter a room."
Nea grumbled, rubbing his temples as the women chuckled at there childish antics.
"Leave them alone Nea, they're just playing about."
The man scoffed as Grace wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him awkwardly as she watched Mana hide. The scene was amusing for all of them, especially when Cross had almost killed Mana.
But they knew it would never stay that way forever.
Not with death closing in on them.

Grace screamed in horror, feet tripping backwards as she tried to get away from the man. His golden eyes where frantic, searching her body with a cruel smile.
"Nea please, it's me!"
She begged, tears staining her face as she scrambled backwards.
But it was no use, not with the hunger that crawled in the vampire's gut. There was never a way to stop a starving vampire.
"Nea."
The man stalked forward, licking his lips before pouncing on the screaming women.
Her body thrashed against him, against the pain that threaded her body. It was like it was set on fire, like each one of her bones where being broken.
"Grace, Nea!"
The door was kicked open, a frantic Cross standing there. His eyes widen in panic, finger's twitching.
"Cross, please."
Grace grew weaker, begging for her life. One Nea forgotten about over the months. Love soon turned to hunger.
Happiness turned into a urge to hunt.
"Campbell!"
Cross bellowed, gun pressed to pureblood's head before he pulled the trigger. Nea was across the room in a flash, a smile twisting onto his lips.
"Sorry, seems like I got carried away-."
The man hummed, wiping the blood from his lips.
"-but sense you interrupted me Cross, your gonna have a fledgling on your hands."
Grace's stomach twisted with the need to empty it, her hands shaking as she tried to control her emotions. But her tears broke threw when Nea left them alone.
"Cross what will I do?"
The man sighed, rubbing the women's shoulder.
"We'll figure it out. I never liked the Order anyways, how about a road trip?"
They shared tiered looks, before she nodded in agreement.
They knew there was no cure for her.
At least he would help her live a nice life before he had to kill her.

°~°~°

The women hummed softly to herself, eyes scanning the soft snow around her. The basket in her hands was filled with ingredients to make the boys food, which she was happy for.
Allen had a growing appetite, and cross would need to eat if he wanted to continue drinking.
"Well aren't you lovely."
A man slurred, causing Grace's footsteps to falter.
Her attention snapped towards the rosy man, a stupid giggle falling from his lips.
"Oh, hello there sir."
The man smiled lopsided, making Grace straighten up in amusement.
"What are you doing put here all alone sweetie?"
She chuckled, stepping closer to him.
"Well, just looking for a snack."
The man didn't have time to scream as her fangs clamped around his throat, the basket dropping from her hands delicately.
She would have to thank the boys for allowing her to go out tonight because this was the best meal ever.