Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Back in the white room, we sat ourselves down onto the so white leather couch in the middle of it. Both of us were exhausted, and I had to use one of my blood reserves I always carried around, to make up for the blood I lost. Sure, my body was able to simply make up for all plasma I lost in less than two days, but the actual red blood cells would take much longer to be replaced. So, I inject myself with more blood to help my body compensate the loss of it.

Hisoka watched me stab the needle into my vein, and sat closer. "I'm sorry for this", he sighed. "Huh?", I asked, confused by what he meant. "I'm sorry you had to lose so much blood. I couldn't protect you." He continued, blaming himself for my own actions. "It's not your fault, and you know that. I decided to fight like his when I first learned Nen, and I have ever since. This is how I work, and I'm completely fine with it." I calmly reassure him.
Instead of answering me, he gently tilted my face up to him, and pressed his lips on mine. Softly, I kissed him back, emotions flooding through my body just like the first time. He chuckled when we parted, but didn't hesitate to go in full cowl after that. His tongue slipped in my mouth as I parted my lips in an attempt to protest. He softly cupped my face in his right hand, while his left found itself along my waist. Once we parted again, me panting and slightly blushing, him licking his lips, having a damn hot smile on his face, he put his arms around me. My face was buried in his chest, and I could hear his heartbeat being steady and calm. It was reassuring to hear it. My arms cuddle were tangled around his back, as we stayed in this warm embrace, just listening to the other breathing.

Hisoka POV

After what felt like eternity, I lightly touched Yamis shoulder. Softly, I whispered, "common, lets get up. We have an exam to pass." She just growled in response, grabbing my shirt and holding it tight in her fist. "No" she pouted, sounding like a small puppy. I laughed, and smiled, looking down at her, seeing her so calm and peaceful.

She got me weak. God dammit, and here I was, not wanting to feel anything for her and trying to take revenge on the Zoldyck family. I sigh. It's not my fault that she is so beautiful. And strong. Willing to achieve her goal. She inspires me, but confuses me at the same time. She is so different to me, but yet, we are so similar. Her compassion is aspiring, and the way she looks at me, ugh I could cry.

But.

Is this right?
Is this okay? Mother, if you're watching me. Please forgive me for not revenging you. For not revenging fathers actions. But I found happiness. True happiness.

I fell in love with the enemy, and I hope that's okay. I hope you will forgive me, and find true peace, knowing that your son is well, strong, and now, if everything goes well, truly happy for once in is life...

I close my eyes, and smile at my thoughts....

Yami POV

He has been looking up to the ceiling for a good minute now, and he's smiling like a clown. I look up to him. Just as I was about to ask, a robot entered the room. It was the same one as we saw on the battle field, just in a different color. On its screen was a timer. "It counts the hours left I suppose" I said, as I removed myself from Hisoka's lap.
"Yep you're right", he answered, as he got up from the sofa and walked over to the bowl with the pill in it. "Whats this all about?" He asked, whilst examining the bowl very carefully.

To answer his question, I read aloud the last task displayed on the robots screen. "The pill in that bowl will provide one with enough food for the next 60 hours", astounded I added "wow that's a lot."
"Decide," I continued, "who of you both will get it, and who will starve until the Trick Tower exam is completed." I looked at Hisoka, eyes widened. It's true, I was extremely hungry, and I haven't eaten for 10h. But the exam to be this cruel was unexpected. "What are we supposed to do?" I asked Hisoka, looking at him curiously. He sat back down on the sofa, mumbling something. "How about", he started, "how about we ditch this?" he concluded. "What?", I ask, confused by his offer.

"Look, we are still on the teamwork path, for them to do something so selfish wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. So, what we must do is, continue the exam without anyone of us consuming that weird pill."

"Hmm, I get that. We both haven't eaten for 10+ hours, and both of us are mildly exhausted. Lets finish this as fast as possible. We have about 70h and 15 minutes left. Lets finish this before the hour count reaches 4, alright?" I ask, full of enthusiasm. He just smiles at me, making my heart skip a beat.

He grabs my hand, locks his fingers with mine, and we both rush out the door, which was, to our surprise, not locked. Looks like this was the correct decision. We continue walking down a path, which ended somewhere unknown to both of us. After a 5 minute walk, we end up at a platform similar to a parkour. Walls to jump over, ladders to climb up, toxic seas to avoid and more. I look at him, stare deep into his eyes and scream, "LETS GO!" Smiling...

>TIME SKIP< (cause I ain't gonna bore you with more detail)

The door. That's the exit. Then well be done.

>>Hours left: 68 h and 02 minutes. Hours taken to complete exam: 3h 58 min

That's a new record. Congratulations<< ....

....was written on the monitor in front of us. I was panting heavily, my clothes were torn, and blood was dripping from a small wound on my leg. My black lace bra was partly visible, and I also took off my cloak.

Hisoka didn't look any better, well he obviously did he was a fucking sexy clown, but that's beside the point. His hair was a mess, a hot mess, and his clothes were also torn. Apart from his shirt, which he took off in the middle due to too much broken cloth. And I tell you, god damnit, I stared at him for a solid 5 minutes before I was able to breath again. I'd let him run me over with a fucking bus, no lie. His abs were clearly defined, and his muscular arms, so fucking haaawwwt.

Soon I snapped out of it after I caught myself staring again. Blushing, I remembered the way he stared at my chest first. He blushed just a bit, and then wet his lips with his tongue.

Straight up hot.

-

Now, we were at the last door. Together, we pushed it open, and entered a stone hall. It was fully empty, but a large buffet was arranged in the middle. The examiner declared us as the first contestants to complete the Trick Tower.

"Hisoka and Yami just completed the exam with a new High-score of 3h and 58 minutes, Congratulations"

We both smiled at each other, and resumed to munch up the buffet.