A Knight to Remember

Myka stepped into the hallway, hugging the corner, her tesla drawn. She followed the sound a chant as it bounced off the walls. She turned as a light lit up the dark, the sound of metal scraping against the floor echoed after it. "Pete, we have a problem."

"What kind of problem?" His voice was scratchy over the comm.

"I don't know, YET!" Myka ducked as a metal arm swung around the corner, it slammed into the wall, concrete flying everywhere. She fired her tesla, electrics arching across the hallway, destroying a nearby water fountain. "Sentient armor problem!" Myka screamed as the armor stepped into the light; it brought it down, slamming down into the ground as Myka moved backward.

A shot ricocheted off the steel helmet, slamming into the wall near Myka. The armor turned around and faced a woman rushing from the other end of the hallway. Myka's heart skipped a beat as the moonlight fell over Helena's face. She leveled her weapon at the armor again, firing at the knee plate, the armor slamming to the ground.

"I think its time to run!" She smiled at Myka as she waved her over. "Before it gets back up!"

"What are you doing here?" Myka asked. "You said everything was fine when we talked!"

"Everything was fine!" Helena shouted as she slid across the ceramic floor, Myka right behind her.

"Realy!" Myka shouted, blowing her hair at of her face. "The fact that you are here with me, with a living suit of armor currently chasing us begs to differ!" the sound of the armor crashing to the ground echoed through the hallway.

"It is not like I was looking for trouble!" Helena laughed, throwing a door open and dragging Myka in with her. She slammed the door closed, both screaming as the suit slammed into it. "I never thought I would say this, but I hope you have Pete with you." The wood of the door shook and bent, pieces splintering.

"Pete!" Myka held her hand over her ear, looking around the room. She rushed to the nearest window and peered down at the snow-covered ground. Frowning as she spotted the spiked iron gate the surrounded the building. "Pete!"

"Working on it! Working on it!"

"Work faster!" Myka turned back as a metal fist busted through the door. She spirited to help Helena push another table in front of the door. "It's breaking through the door!"

"I'm here-I'm here!" Pete's voices mixed as purple slim oozed its way around the suit of armor's fist. The suit clamored to the ground. Pete stuck his head in the whole, a smile stretched across his face. "Here's PETE!" He shouted, laughing.

"What?" Helena and Myka said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"What! Neither of you, never mind. Claudia would have found it funny." Pete pouted and moved back from the door. Myka leaned against the desk and looked up at Helena's smiling face. She brushed her hair out of her face, she placed her hands on her hips and shook her head.

"He never changes," Helena said, leaned down next to Myka. "And now we have to move these cumbersome desks." A laugh broke through Myka's frown as Helena sighed.

"What are you two doing in there? I'm going to need help getting this armor into the car!"

Myka took a deep breath. "Yeah, just give us a sec Pete." She looked at Helena, staring at her eyes, the moon reflecting off them from the windows. "Why are you here, Helena?" She whispered, her breath catching.

"Myka..."

"Guys!" Pete wined.

"We're coming, Pete!" Myka pushed herself off the desk, holding out her hand to Helena. She pulled the other woman up, stepping back as Helena brush her a strand of hair behind her ear.