Bond Between Lonely Hearts

After the door closed behind the servant, Ciel looked up to Sebastian with a confused, questioning look.

- I sincerely apologize for my previous act, young master. I would l...

- Don't apologize! I ordered you to do it anyway.

An awkward silence came once again, with the smell of freshly-made dinner spreading in the air.

Countless thoughts crossed Ciel's mind in the fraction of a second, most of them trying to find an explanation to the situation, others urging him to jump into Sebastian's arms and just disappear together from this country. As much as he preferred the latter, he knew he had to stay realistic, so he broke the silence first.

- Sebastian?

- Yes, my lord?

- Why did you do that?

- Well, as you told me to show you the truth, I simply followed your order.

- So you're saying that's how you really feel about me?

- That is correct indeed, however you do not have to worry at all, as I am able to restrain myself completely, besides...

Don't!

- Pardon?

- I mean you don't have to restrain yourself anymore.

- And.... why is that, if I may ask?

- Because I... I feel... Well, I... umm... Whatever...

- All right, I understand.

Ciel felt blood rushing into his cheeks against his will, making them bright red. Although he wanted to, he just couldn't say anything... Thankfully Sebastian knows him well enough to understand.

- I recommend you eat dinner, then go rest, as it certainly was an exhausting day for you, my lord.

- Ohh... Yes, you're right. Then please prepare a warm bath for me while I finish eating.

- As you wish!

Thank you!

Ciel couldn't believe he just said "Please" and "Thank you" to his butler, then got a genuine smile in response, which gave his already red face a boost... Is this how it's going to be from now on? His mind was full of questions while trying to swallow at least some of the food which already went cold.

While Sebastian cleaned up the table, Ciel sank in the tub full of warm, rose-scented water.

The rose foam softly touched his fair skin, which finally calmed down his heart. This day was a mess, leaving him with many different feelings mixed with each other, and even though he made sure he was awake, the whole situation with Sebastian still seemed unbelievable.

As he recalled every little detail, his soul filled with hope, and he caught himself genuinely smiling which hardly ever happened. For once he felt like everything is going to be fine. He believed in Sebastian, now more than ever, and slowly started to believe in himself again too.