The Dragon's Roar

A/N: Espeon804 here with a one shot for the first time in a long time.

I highly recommend you listen to the Gym Leader Theme while reading when the time comes

Add to YouTube URL: /watch?v=quYjN57Tycg

This video holds all five melodies heard in battle, which will be noted. Feel free to listen while reading.

Time Stamps:

*0:00 - Melody 1: Gym Leader battle begins.

*0:32 - Melody 2: Main. Plays dying battle.

*1:27 - Melody 3: Advantage, Gym Leader's Pokémon fainted. Or you Dynamaxed early.

*2:37 - Melody 4: Disadvantage, your Pokémon has fainted.

*4:11 - Final Melody: Gym Leader's Ace/Final Pokémon is summoned. They will Dynamax/Gigantamax.

I find it interesting how most final gym leaders don't get many challengers, or any that interest them at all.

Looking at you, Volknor.

Anyway, I just wanted to write a Sword and Shield story since I've been absorbed in the characters lately. I love to explore Hammerlocke a lot, so this idea came to mind due to that.

I also have two book suggestions.

*"Pokémon Insighter: Platinum" A series taking place in the Sinnoh Region, based from the events of Pokémon Platinum. However, it's not a copy and paste entirely. Main characters were pulled from our world to the world of Pokémon to find something called "The Insight" The mains aren't the chosen ones. They are just tools being used to find them. Of course, can you stop a kid from having their own dreams? Not exactly.

Characters from other games, anime, or manga may make an appearance as well.

*"The Wrath of The Earthling Saiyan" A Dragon Ball Z AU. What if Goku joined Raditz? To keep it brief, it's a dark story. Nothing happy comes out of it. It's my most popular series, actually. Give it a look.

Battling Raihan in Sword gave me this idea as well. Everything written here is mostly my interpretation, but the Pokémon used aren't from my story team.

Anyways, I talked enough. Enjoy.

- The Dragon's Roar -

Hammerlocke, the oldest city in the Galar Region. It's famous for its medieval appearance, since it was built during that time period. Modern buildings were carefully built around the castle, which is where the gym stadium is located. Tall stone walls surround the city. Perhaps Hammerlocke was once a very secure and well guarded kingdom.

Around the city are several drawbridges towards each exit. Each one crosses over a moat, and it seems turning the nearby wheels will pull the bridges upwards to close off anyone from entering or leaving.