2c. Guts Over Fear

Moving into the midnight moonlight is a wolf. He is silver with specks of brown hair, thick and soft. His paws kiss the earth, his steps gentle and calculated. The wolf was nothing like the monsters in the stories, no, nothing of the sort. Instead of a hostile stance, he took a welcoming one. He was an Alpha, and instead of being aggressive and untamed, he was calm and welcoming. The wolf had seen better days. His fur stained with blood, and his body worn out.

That midnight he met a woman. She was beautiful on the outside and the inside. She stood five-foot-seven, with soft curves and high cheekbones and the grace of a queen. The wolf was astonished at her beauty. He fell in love with her as soon as he set his eyes on her, and she didn't know, but she did too.

She was aware of the supernatural world and he had a feeling that she did, so that night he exposed himself to her. Emotionally and physically.

Ten years pass by and they're married with two kids. One--the eldest-- a free spirit, free of her responsibilities. The youngest destined to be a hero--though they didn't know it.

At 12, the youngest had fallen in love with fairy tales, hell, she was living one. She believed she would be the most powerful wolf to ever live, and her parents never had the heart to tell her otherwise.

The mother was the descent of a human bloodline and despite the father's supernatural bloodline, there would always be a part of the girls that would be human.

I sprinted up the mountains, the smell of blood filling my senses. I could hear the growls and snarls of the vampires and one wolf, and I pushed harder. My boots pounded against the rocky earth, each of my strides getting me closer and closer to the summit.

Frankly, I had no idea what I was doing. All I could think about was ending Victoria. I didn't think that anybody noticed my disappearance since they were so occupied with the fight, and for a moment I thanked my ability to be sneakily invisible.

I reach the summit just in time to see Edward launch Victoria into a tree breaking it into two. Another vampire launches himself towards Bella and her bleeding arm. I quickly barrel into his body, knocking us both to the floor. A grunt of pain leaves my lips due to the impact, but I'm quick to get up. I grab his arm and the wolf grabs his other arm, tearing them from his body.

A scream erupts from his throat, as Seth drags him into the woods. "Victoria!"

I immediately snap my head towards Victoria's, noticing her unbothered stance. I charge towards Victoria, Edward hot on my heels. "Sinclair." She hisses, launching me across the summit. I manage to land on my feet, charging right back towards her.

Before I could reach her, Edward has her against the floor in a chokehold. I could smell the desperation flying off of her and before Edward could tear her head off her head, she shouts a 'wait'.

Edward pauses, her writhing ceasing. "You can't kill me, you have too much to lose. Nadine, you have to much to lose." Her eye meets mine as she tries to shove Edward off of her, but Edward doesn't budge.

"Ines Sinclair. I happened to notice her when she was leaving the field. I just couldn't resist." She smirked, glancing nervously at Edward. My breath caught in my throat at the thought of my mother dying. "You're lying." Edward scoffed, lunging to rip her throat out.

"No! I'm not. She was driving away in a black 1967 chevy impala. I was drawn to the car because of James. He always like old cars. He loved them. When I noticed it was a Sinclair, I decided to keep her as an after-battle snack. If you let me go, I'll let her go." She didn't flinch. Not once did Victoria flinch. She wasn't lying at all, she had my mother.

"Let her go, Edward." I placed my hand on his shoulder desperately. "Please." He glanced back at me, his shoulders tense. I could tell that he didn't want to, and when his grip loosened a small grin overtook his face.

The grin quickly left my face when fiercely sunk his teeth into her throat.

"No!"