Boarding

I guess she wasn't trying to trick me and the train platform was hidden with magic! I wasn't sure at first but after her twins went through I was shocked.

On the platform, I saw so many kids with their families. I looked at them longingly.

I walk near a train door and tried to lift my bags inside. It was soo heavy! How am I ever going to get all or this inside. I don't have family or friends to help me like the other children.

When I tried for the second time. It felt lighter then I suddenly heard someone say "let me help" as a hand reached over me and lifted my bags effortlessly. I whipped my head around to see who helped me. It was the nice lady from before.

She found me and even tried to help again. I don't have money to pay her... maybe she wants me to pay with service? I'm a good cleaner and cook.

I look down and say " Thank you, I don't have any money"

The lady looked at me confused and said worried

"Oh no, you don't have money for food on the train? I have just the solution."

She reaches inside her pockets and pulls out a brown wax packet wrapped with string.

"Here deary" she says softly handing me the packet. She continues "its a sandwich, I made extra just incase my son got peckish"

I looked down in my hands in awe. I've never got a gift before.

Before I could reject the gift or make sure it wasn't a mistake. I looked up and she walking away toward her family I believe.

I was going to run towards her but the train conductors were yelling that the train was leaving in 1 minute. I had to get on the train...

I got inside and started dragging my luggage behind me. Soon finding an empty train cabin.

All the anxiety seemed to melt away as I stared down at the brown wax paper packet the lady gave.

As least, I don't have to go hungry today. This is starting to be my best day ever.