~1~ - The Phantom Express

(Top song is really a bop, I highly suggest it! ^^)

Cagney Carnation was the least liked folk out there in Inkwell Isle. "Why?" You may ask, well.... His mischief and personality is the reasons. Sometimes he could be hot-headed, whilst some days he would be the nicest fellow you could meet.

Some folk spoke to him, but sometimes would just avoid him fully. Even the craziest folks would avoid him.

However, only one person didn't mind nor judge the flower, and that was Hilda Berg.

She would talk in "Dream Talk". Always wanting to be a pilot, plus, asides from only wanting him to listen to her, she'd listen to him as well. She also had an advantage: cheering him up and calming him down. Others were highly confused about this, on how she would be the only one to be able to have that ability. Guess it's just the perks of being best friends?

~Present day~

Cagney was speaking with Cala Maria, one of the mermaids in Inkwell Isle. She was popular for her beauty and looks, even though she was bitten by some eels, she seemed alright.

"I... Uhm, highly apologise for gossiping behind your back..." Cala apologised, it wasn't her forte to gossip, just sometimes she would.

"Nah, don't worry. I'm used to it," He then quirked his head questionably, "So, what am I to you? Do you agree that I'm a monster?"

She glanced away with a frown, before sighing "I-I don't know..
I just don't think you're bad or anything...." She paused for a moment, diverting the subject: "Wait!" She almost screeched, "Maybe Captain Brineybeard will like you, or perhaps even Beppi The Clown or Djimmi The Great!" She gave him a big happy smile.

Cagney was sitting on his roots. "Heh. Maybe I will talk to them." Cagney said with a nervous giggle, he was just entering the big world; which made socializing kinda hard on him.

'How am I supposed to try not to get angry then?' He thought to himself.

"But..." Cagney said before he was interrupted by the purple scaled mermaid, "Wait!" Cala Maria said, "Just be careful of spooks. Okay? There's a express nearby. It's called 'The Phantom Express'. Probably best to avoid it. Asides from that, Miss Berg wanted you to see her plane skills. Best to go to her first." She said with a smile, the male smiled back, lastly, she patted him and got off shore, "See you later, Cags!" She said before swimming away into the ocean.

Later that night...

'Where is she?' Cagney wondered.

Later, he heard a plane engine running and sputtering after he quieted down, looking up, seeing Hilda flying her plane in circles. "Hil!" He yelled, she looked down to see the Carnation, "Cagney!" She squealed in excitement, and flew her plane down.

"Have you heard about the competition? I'm going there! I'm hoping you compete. But, you don't have to." She took off her goggles and helmet. Her messy bun waived out, and she took it out, for her medium hair to be exposed.

"Woah." Cagney looked at her in awe, immediately shaking his head as he huffed: "Sorry! You look nice." He had a light blush from embarrassment.

"Nah, don't worry! I'll live. I've had someone do that before. Not my type by the way to let you know. I think I'm not exactly interested in getting a relationship." She said with a small shrug. "Plus, you're one of my best friends. I would probably accept if you asked me out for a dance."