Claimed

Kali and Prince Zuko separate and go about their usual duties until about the time the sun has begun to set. They meet up for a picnic on the beach and walk down the seashore together. Oh! He says. Yes? Zuko takes something from his pack and he says master Piando said he wanted you to have this. He said it was from the wreckage. Kali takes the odd instrument and tilts her head. A ...compass? click it Zuko says grinning. Kali tilts her head and then she stands up and clicks the instrument and her eyes widen as a bronze sword folds out in a flash. Whoa! Zuko says standing up. It's ...it's beautiful! How is it so perfect? I don't know Kali says whispering. She clicks the end and it folds into itself. She puts it into her pocket and attaches the chain to her belt. She sits down and Zuko breaks a piece of chili bread and hands half to her. She eats it and then Kali turns when she sees one of the meaner guards coming over to them.

Prince Zuko....he turns standing up. Hauo? He says. Out of my way mortal he says pushing Zuko aside in a rough inhuman voice. Kali stands up and she backs away. Her eyes widen as the guard transforms before her eyes and she instinctively waits her hand in her pocket. Who are you? I am a fury! Now where is it? Wha- it knocks her into the sand she kicks up getting back onto her feet. Kali! Zuko cries. Kali pulls out the sword and she says get back! Get back! You're working with your brother! What are you talking about? You stole the lighting bolt! How is that possible? What lighting bolt? Kali swings her sword wildly the fury dives towards her and grips her shoulder with its talons she backs away ignoring the pain and then the fury turns to Zuko and it says Humm tasty mortal it picks him up and Kali screams and the earth shakes RELEASE HIM! She says in a loud voice. It drops Zuko and unbidden the water from the sea reaches out and lays him on the sand Kali runs forward and launches herself into the air as the fury swoops back toward her and she cuts it in half. She lands on her knees dropping the sword into the sand. She looks around her eyes wild thankful there's no one else on the beach. She turns when she hears a voice. A whisper like the ocean

Kaliani ..
Kaliani ...
Come to the water ...it will heal you...Kali turns to the water and she clicks the instrument pocketing the sword she falls to her knees in the ocean and watches amazed as the water heals herself.

By this time Zuko has pushed himself up blinking he looks up and he sees as if looking through mist a sea green trident over Kali's head.

Kali looks up confused I...she buries her face into the water and is amazed that she can breath and see she rises her face out and stands up whispering using the same language that she heard who are you? My name is Poseidon and I am your farther. Kali's eyes widen and the light around fades and she turns stepping out of the water and she's dry instead of wet. Zuko runs over to her and hugs her. Kali! He says. What just happened?! It doesn't matter I'm pretty sure you just saved my life. Kali nods speechless. She turns back to the ocean and she says this is where I was found wasn't it? Zuko nods tears in his eyes. I'm sorry I- no...thank you.

He holds her again and he says are you injured? No. You? He shakes his head. We need to go see my uncle. Kali nods and says I...I'm not sure what just happened. I know but Hauo was here and now he's not. Kali's eyes are wide and she nods. She helps him pack up and together they head back to the palace and Zuko knocks on his uncles door.

Nephew ...Lady Kali! Please uncle. The man nods and Kali enters after him and goes by the fire. Zuko and Iroh share a look before Zuko goes and kneels beside of Kali. Kali...what happened? I...she lets out a breath. We were having a picnic Zuko nods and then...Hauo came and he was weird. I agree Zuko says. Where is he now? I'm not sure. Kali pulls her legs up and looks down. Kali...he wasn't he wasn't Hauo. He pushed you aside Prince Zuko. And then what? He changed. Into what? A monster. Zuko nods. I remember ...a large bird. Kali lets out a laugh. It spoke said ...said I had a brother and that I stole a lighting bolt and it wanted it. Iroh raises an eyebrow strange. Strange indeed. What else happened? I...I used my sword your sword? Kali nods and she looks at Zuko. It ...it clawed me here she touches her shoulder and then picked you up Prince ...you were in the air. How did I get down? I really don't remember. The water Kali's voice is breathless. The water protected you. No I think you protected him. Then...I used my sword and the monster turned to yellow dust. Strange. Iroh gets up and goes over to his shelf and picks up a book. What's that? It's a book about the spirits ...he opens it and he says I was never able to read this section. Lady Kali...Kali stands and goes over to the table and puts her finger on the passage.

Throughout history the ocean has gone by many names in the Water Tribe it is known as a spirit ...others the Greeks know it as a man like figure or god and they call him Poseidon the god of the seas the second of the big three. Poseidon is god of the oceans. Poseidon is known to having children with mortals and demigods alike. His children are typically called halfbloods or demigods. Kali's eyes are wide as she stops reading. Poseidon she breathes. But...I...I you were found as a small child Iroh says quietly. Not a bruise on you dry as a bone. We reasoned the sun dried you that day. Probably for the best Zuko says quietly. Kali nods and she looks back at the book. Kali? Zuko says. Did you...did you see something ...a green thing ...Kali's eyes widen. You could see that? He nods. I...I'm not sure what it was...it was like your necklace. Kali nods. She fingers her trident. I...I heard a voice. Iroh's eye's widen. You...I heard a voice. It ...was soft and gentle but roaring like the sea. Amazing! You hear him...Kali nods and she sits down. The important thing is we are ahead of this. Hauo won't be known as missing until the morning. Kali's eyes widen. I...I have to leave? I am afraid so. Iroh puts a hand on her shoulder. Zuko gasps and he hugs Kali. Then there's a sudden knock on the door. Zuko stands up and he gets it. Krahl? He says confused. Prince Zuko please allow me entrance it is most urgent. Uncle? Of course do come in. Krhal comes in and he bows on his knee to Kali. Kali stares at him confused. You have been claimed he says breathless.

Zuko's eyes widen. Krhal...the stable boy turns to the two royals and says what ..what do you know? We're all trying to make sense of it. Kali says softly. General Iroh is the one that found me ...Iroh nods and he says you will have to leave tonight. Krahl nods and he say I understand. I know where to go he says. There's a place where she'll be safe. Kali ...Kali I'm sorry Krahl says. But we have to go. I understand. You have about an hour to say goodbye and pack. I'll go with you. Come back here and krahl and I will make the arrangements. Be on your guard Krahl says and Kali and Zuko nod and they go through the halls of the palace together. Zuko stops when he sees his farther and Kali bows her head Prince Zuko...where were you?  ...you missed dinner ...we were he brings redness to his cheeks and Kali doesn't look up. Humm. Ensure you eat son. He continues on his way not questioning it. Kali lets out a breath and Zuko takes her hand leading her to her room. He helps her taking out the trunk and finding her a size able knapsack and he packs that with the essentials going around the room. Kali looks out the window staring blankly out the window. Here he says handing her a cloak. She takes it and puts it on. She puts the pack on her shoulders and he takes the trunk and they peek out  before hurrying back to general Iroh's room. Say your goodbyes Krahl says. Kali looks at Zuko and he hugs her and she says I'll find a way to reach you he nods tears in his eyes. I know. She grips his arms and says keep your heart and...remember who you are. He nods and then Kali turns to the general. Kali...he says his voice hitching. Kali goes to bow but he pulls her into a grandfatherly hug. I...you will always have a home here. Remember that. No matter what. Ready? Krahl asks Kali. I...she nods and they leave out the passage together Krahl carrying the trunk and a bag of extra supplies. They get to the shore and load onto a small fishing boat. Iroh made sure we've got enough food and water Krahl tells Kali. She nods and sits down on the trunk and she sits on the other side of the boat Krahl unties it and Kali brings her legs up and she rolls out her bed roll and sets up against her trunk and looks up at the sky. The boat rocks gently on the sea and Kali looks up at the stars. It's a clear night and she studies the stars as she would often do. She touches her sword in her pocket and clenches the bracelet Zuko had slipped on her wrist. Something to remember me by. She breathes out and tries to sleep and that night she has no nightmares.