Better Place

"I'm on my way now." Aden says though the phone, I hear the car start up in the background.

"Okay, be safe!" I say.

"Alex, nothings going to happen." he says with a little laugh. "I love you Alex." he says.

"I love you too, Aden." that was usually my cue to hang up, but something keeps me on.

screeching, and loud noises come from the phone then a loud crash.

"Aden? Aden?! ADEN!!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm sorry." Someone I have never seen before says giving their condolence.

I stare at the grave marker. "I will always miss you." I say setting a rose on the stone.

A strong arm wraps around my shoulder. "Its okay Alexandria." I burry my face into Aden's shoulder and let a few tears fall. "Do you want to go home?" I nod. "Your Grandfather is in a better place now." He says leading me to his car.

I get into the passenger seat and when Aden sits next to me I grab his hand and our fingers intertwine.

I close my eyes getting ready to slip away from the world for a little bit. "I love you Alex Ness." I heard him whisper before darkness overcame me. That was the first time Aden Deaton told me he loved me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short chapter, I know, but how did you like it?

Who thought the grave was Aden's? I tricked you!

I have never really wrote a story like this, and posted it, so enjoy!

~CaptianO2l