Chapter 18

I remembered getting flashbacks of the first time I met the three ghosts. I was absolutely livid. Nothing prepared me for that. I never knew I was gonna meet dead people who were walking and talking and interacting with me.

As we made it to the earth dimension, I felt myself get dizzy. I didn't know why, but I didn't want to ask Celine about it either. I felt weird about it.

"Hey, Sam?" I asked as we walked through the dizzying portals.

"Mm?" Samantha mumbled through a cigar.

"Are you sure...Camilla's dead?"

"Of course, Devon. Why wouldn't she be? You shot her. She dissolved into nothing but dust in the wind. She is nothing now, monsieur. Don't worry about it, alright?"

"O-Okay." I stuttered as she patted my head.

"Devon...is this all just a dream?" Celine asked me.

"I...I don't know. I'm not too sure. It all feels so real."

"That's because it is. Without us, Celine wouldn't be walking with you right now. She'd still be in the clutches of that...that monster." Samantha said with a grumble in her voice.

"So it's all real? The blood, the guts, the severed hands?"

"Of course, love. You feel things, yes? You can touch, taste, smell, hear, and see?"

"Yeah. Surprisingly."

"You smelled the bug shit, the blood, whatever was in those jars?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Then it is real. Dreams are something most people have no control over, but you and Celine are special. Lucid dreaming is a power some people have, but to actually enter a lucid dream physically is spectacular."

"Oh...so I'll wake up and still have this cut and probably smell like garbage?"

Samantha nodded, chuckling. "Yes. You'll have to take a very long shower to get rid of the rotting body smell, no?"

"Probably. God, this is all so weird...I can feel and shit like that..." I muttered, trailing off into my thoughts.

Celine frowned, and sighed. "I...didn't feel anything...I felt nothing when that bitch took advantage of me. I don't understand."

"You must've been so unconscious that your mind shut your body down. You felt nothing, nothing at all?"

"Nothing. Not a single thing. I don't even feel harmed in the least. I feel normal."

"Huh. Are you okay, though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Devon. I just wanna rest."

"Celine, we've both been in a coma for four days now. Doesn't that bother you?"

"Not really, no. I don't really feel much. All I know is that, if she did do something to me that I didn't want, I would've been under some spell or something. That must be why I feel nothing."

I frowned, and shoved my hands into my pockets as we walked in silence for the next few moments. To be honest, I never really felt anything while I was in the bedroom when I had passed out. I don't think anything happened anyways, but I did feel bad for Camilla...in a way, of course. She was reflecting her trauma onto others. No one deserves to be used like that, not even a succubus.

We made it to the present-day dimension. My phone immediately buzzed in my pocket as the reception started to come back. We were close to home.

I heard a very strange sound. Someone female, sobbing quietly in a silent room with only the steady beeps of a heart monitor.