✿prologue✿

"Everyone wants to know: Who is the snappy, sarcastic person running the Cubs Twitter account. Well we finally have the answers. Hello, I am your host Mykah Mitchell, and this is YOUR NEED TO KNOW SPORTS NEWS IN CHICAGO." Kris Bryant sat on this couch, hearing yet another news channel announce that they finally knew the identity of the social media manager for the team's Twitter account. It's funny in a way, he plays for the team and is on the account periodically, but he has never met the one who runs the account.

Kris turned off his tv, he needed to get going to Wrigley anyways, as he would be playing later on that night. He gathered his things, and locked his house, before beginning his drive to the famed stadium.

When Kris arrived at the stadium, he walked in, and was greeted by the sight of his best friend, and first baseman for the Cubs, Anthony Rizzo, laughing with and hugging a blonde girl, who he'd never met. Anthony looked up at Kris, and smiled, before he, and the mysterious blonde, started making their way over to him. The girl hung her head low, while Kris and Anthony talked.

"Oh, Emerald, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Kris, this is Emerald. Emerald, this is Kris." When Anthony said her name, Emerald locked up, and Kris was met with the most beautiful green eyes that he had ever encountered.