𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. Fire Nation Traitors

CHAPTER THREE▬ Fire Nation Traitors

CHAPTER THREE
Fire Nation Traitors

CHAPTER THREE▬ Fire Nation Traitors

━━━━

      THERE WAS THIS ITCH INSIDE of him, something that bothered Zuko as he looked at her. Maybe it was this whole nice thing he's been trying out. He felt better at first, he's certain of that much. But now that he's with them, he can't help but feel uncomfortable. They were the nice guys, the ones who were always good, whilst he, on the other hand, had just started this whole "nice guy" thing. Being good was easy to them whereas for him it was a difficulty he had yet to solve. But sometimes being good meant getting the end of the stick, being the good guy means always having to rely on your moral compass even if it may seem like the worst choice possible. It was a lot easier when the only thing he needed to do when making a decision was choosing the best one for himself. Yet she looked as though she also struggled with the moral beliefs of being part of the good guy. She made being good look so difficult.

      Zuko couldn't understand why someone like her chose to live as a hero. She probably could've had an easier life and he's not saying that all she has in life are her assets. Perhaps she came from a family with a silver spoon, one that wouldn't allow her to even get touched by the war, but . . . that wouldn't be fun, would it? No, of course not. He knew that privileges make you lucky and well off, but it creates a weakness that others can use against you. And with one glance Zuko already knew, she was the type to fight head-on even if the odds are never in her favor, not to defend herself, but because it was fun. Or perhaps it was because she's only ever been strong and nothing short of weak.

      And he knows that the title of "prince" won't make him stronger, just like her being called "beautiful" determines her path. They were simply titles added on top of what was always there: power and strength gifted at birth, only to be enhanced and sharpened as the years went by. He had only gotten better because of the rage he had felt because of his father, and perhaps it was his own experience that he was able to witness the same in her.