Chapter 16

I stood up and entered the room through the open window, and when Jonah saw me, he looked startled, even horrified you could say.

I sat him down on his couch, not caring whether or not he wanted to see me. I rested my hands on his shoulders, and I could feel how tense he was.

"Jonah, look at me" I instructed "You are perfectly safe, you're at home and I'm here"

"C-Cyrus, I don't..." Jonah stuttered "W-what are you doing here?"

"I'll tell you when you've calmed down" I replied.

"I don't think, I can" Jonah responded.

I decided that talking probably wasn't going to cut it this time, so I gave him a hug. I had my arms wrapped tightly around him, hoping that it would be enough to sooth him. He was still shaking for a few moments, but to my relief he calmed down.

We were still sat down, and I could see that he was now curious to know why I was there. I didn't know how he would react, but I wasn't prepared to lie to him.

"Jonah, today I made a big mistake" I began "I shouted at you, and I regret it. You know I would never do anything to hurt you, ever"

"Cyrus, why are you here?" Jonah asked "Why did you come in through the window? You haven't done that since last year"

"I wanted to say I'm so sorry" I answered "Seeing how I hurt you broke my heart, and after speaking to the girls, I couldn't stop thinking about apologising to you"

"Apology accepted" Jonah reacted "But that still doesn't explain why you came in through the window, exactly when I needed you to"

"I came over about ten minutes before, but I noticed the window was open and saw you talking to Amber" I rejoined.

"She just happened to be the first person on my phone, so I asked her around" Jonah continued.

"I don't exactly know how I should tell you this" I mumbled "But I heard your conversation with her"

Admitting that made me feel so dirty, so sneaky. I watched Jonah closely, looking for any hints of a reaction.

"Oh, I see" Jonah whispered.

"I didn't realise that TJ seemed to flood your thoughts that much" I replied.

"I know I'm probably overreacting, but I just wanted to think that for once, I would get something right" Jonah stated "I seem to screw up so much, and if I screwed up our relationship, I don't know what I'd do"

Something came over me, a strong desire. I had already kissed TJ, so I thought it would only be fair to kiss Jonah. Without warning, I gave him a kiss, directly on the lips. To my surprise, he didn't pull away. I pushed him back after a while, so that I could catch my breath.

"Did you screw that up?" I questioned.

"I don't think so, I liked it" Jonah replied.

"Good, I liked it too" I observed.

"Have you decided what you want to do?" Jonah enquired.

"Today has made things clearer" I confirmed "I've kissed both you and TJ, and apologised to you both too"

"I won't rush you into deciding" Jonah stated "But, whatever you do, thank you for making me feel not so pathetic"

I gave him a hug, before I left. I was feeling more positive about the situation, as I had more information to make the best decision. I had to go and tell the girls about this, I needed to talk to them.