Loose Spurs - McCree x Fem! Reader

You never were one for parties, especially fancier ones that required a dress or tux.  Somehow you ended up in one, something about a wedding that you weren't invited to.

Anywho, you were trying the make the best of the situation, doing that meant at least a bit of alcohol.  You had to get your mind off of the dress you were wearing, it felt much too provocative but it was the only dress you owned.

The dress itself was strapless, black, and had a long cut in order to expose your leg, admittedly you felt alluring, but at the same time you didn't want people ogling you.

You had come into the party with family, it being a pre wedding celebration and all, yet you quickly lost them, left alone knowing no one, you found yourself at the bar. Going light, you went for a champagne, just something to get the edge off.

Sooner, rather than later, it had been an hour of this, thankfully you weren't a light weight and could hold a fair amount of drinks. The only damage this did was calm you down some.

After yet another drink, you grew tired of sitting on the backless, creaky bar stool. Standing up you readjusted your dress, patted down your hair, and checked your makeup through your phones camera.

If you were more into girls, you'd date yourself right then and there, or maybe that was the alcohol talking.

Right when you were about to find your family, a light tap on your shoulder spun you around, intrigued as to who wanted your attention.

There stood a tall, handsome man in a rather dashing tux with a bow tie to match, his facial hair was cut in a style that perfectly shaped his jaw. The only off putting thing about him was the cowboy hat that adorned his head, even then it was charming in a sense.

Blushing slightly at this you tensed up, a bit worried as to why he seeked you out, no one this attractive had wanted your attention before.

Holding out a mechanical hand to you as the other was behind his back, he introduced himself.

"Names Jesse, Jesse McCree, and you?"

His southern drawl was very clear in his voice, and even then an adamant smile could be heard though the thick dialect.

"(Y/N), (L/N)."

You sputtered out, taking his hand into yours when he suddenly pulled you flush against his body, his free hand at the small of your back.

"Care to dance?"

He said a bit quieter as he was now right up to your ear, sending goosebumps over your skin and butterflies to your stomach. When he muttered out the small question you noticed the change of pace in the music, it was now more for slow dancing.

What harm could a dance or two do?

Agreeing with a simple nod you were taken to middle of the room, or more specifically the dance floor.

"Know the waltz?"

You squeaked out, a bit nervous at his knowledge of the dance, it being the only two person one you knew. He chuckled at your nervousness, putting a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

Smiling down at you, he smoothly said, "loosen up some, and yes, I know the waltz."

Before you could reply, you were thrown into the very dance you spoke about just seconds before, your hand found his shoulder as did his to yours. Somehow, you were able to relax into the dance, managing to relax into his arms as well.

Looking up at your dance partner you found he was looking down at you, a certain longing in his eyes that you've never seen in another person. His eyes seemed to soak up your very being, allowing a bright red to splash onto your cheeks.

He merely chuckled at your reaction, pulling you closer to his body, he too, relaxed into your embrace.

Before you knew it, the dance was over, disappointment flew through you, and by the looks of it, Jesse was disappointed as well.

Tapping his shoulder to get his attention back, you gave your phone to him, it's screen being focused on your number.

"Y'know, you can just tell me you'd like to see me again, sugar." He mumbled out, his voice as sweet as honey and as slow as molasses.

"But that would take all the fun out of what I'm gonna do." You said, catching him off guard as you pulled his bow tie down, catching him in a sloppy, passionate kiss.

At first, he was surprised at your sudden forwardness, but soon melted into the kiss, further deepening it by pulling you closer to him.

Sadly, the kiss was cut short, you were both out of breath and didn't exactly want to make a scene, you were in a public place after all.

"Someone's excited to see me," he said softly, cupping your cheek as he continued, "when can I see you again, sugar bee?"

Putting your hand onto his, you replied, "hmm, how about dinner, tomorrow night, 6 pm."

Chuckling at this, he pulled you into an embrace, once again whispering into your ear, "I like a lady who knows what she wants." His tone of voice being completely different sent shudders through you, a soft whimper escaping your lips.

He escaped from the embrace to check his watch, a small scowl brushing over his beautiful features caused mild concern to center in you.

"Seems like I've gotta go, see ya soon, honey." He spoke, his lips planting snugly onto your cheek.

You merely waved at him, shocked at the encounter you both had that was completely out of the blue.

Tomorrow night was definitely something to look forward to.

Word count: 926