𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

"What the fuck," Y/B/F mumbled dropping her gun out of her hands... This was the first tile any of them had seen an infected person in years this close to their camp- besides in their dreams of course.

There wasn't supposed to be any around ... They didn't think that they travelled that far or fast. The reason they wasted half of their ammunition on these towns was to be reassured that there were none of them around for miles... That they were totally safe.

That was one of the things that secured Y/N as leader of the pack... She suggested the whole idea and now the flaw of her plan was almost the thing that got her lover dead.

"We couldn't... We couldn't have missed one because she would have come out every time we had driven by-" Y/B/F began to rant about how bad this was as Jack stood there shocked gun from the glove box of Y/N's car still clenched tightly in hand.

"Thorn... Thorn are you alright?" Y/N questioned crawling her way over to him, not caring about her own wounds just yet.

He just played there, head against the pavement staring at the sky. "It's a beautiful day," He grinned a single tear escaping his eye causing Y/B/F to stop her rant and all eyes to be on him.

"Thorn..." Y/n questioned wearily now sitting right next to him.

"It's a beautiful day to die," He then rolled up his sleeve which must have been rolled back down when he had fallen.

He revealed teeth marks.

Thorn had been bitten, he was going to turn into one of them. "No... No I'm not going to let you turn into something you're not!" Y/N exclaimed through tears jumping up and holding out a hand to help Thorn up as well.

He was hesitant to take it. "Y/N you can't do anything I'm going to die-"

"No you're not I'm not going to let you," She exclaimed pulling him by the arm toward her truck.

"Y/N I can't be saved," He mumbled, voice wavering. Anyone from miles away could tell at this moment in time Thorn was defeated. "You're wasn't your time,"

"Thorn I swear to god if you don't get in that car I'm going to kick your ass!" She exclaimed shoving him toward the back seat. "I'm sure Kevin has something,"

"Alright," Thorn sighed. "Alright," However when Y/N opened up the back seat they found Charlie there laying on the floor as if trying to stay hidden.

"What the hell are you doing in my car?"

"Alright Y/N the truth is me and Charlie were in the back of your car..."

"You guys were... You guys are..." Y/n tried to process what she had just been told but she simply couldn't. "Y'know what I don't have time for this right now,"

That's how they were found speeding down the road back to their camp. Leaving Thorn's car in the dust He couldn't be driving anymore because he would probably try and commit a suicide mission or worse.

Jack and Y/N were in the front and Charlie in the middle of the two in the back. It was like they were on some sort of secret mission... And technically they were.

Well atleast Y/n was... She has to save Thorn and let him know how much she loved him before- before it's too late.

"You're going to be alright Thorn... I'm sure she didn't get anything in you-"

"Y/N I'm sure Kevin can fix this... You're losing it more than Thorn!" Charlie exclaimed knowing what was going on as she put two and two together.

"Kevin always has something," Y/B/F pointed out and that's when for the rest of the car ride they were left in silence. Though it wasn't comfortable silence it was the deadly kind... The kind that brought goosebumps to Y/N's arms, and anxiety through the roof.

Then suddenly they were home and all rushing into the infirmary, surrounding Turin as he was placed on the dentist-like chair.

"What the hell were you guys thinking?" Cassie questioned cleaning Thorns wound causing him to wince with pain.

"Charlie and I, we'll go get Kevin," Y/B/F reassured her and the red-head jumped up. But Charlie pulled Jack up as well, winning at Y/N.

"You're coming to young man,"

"But-" And that's when they disappeared outside the cabin.

"I'll go get some more medicine from the other cabin," Cassie whispered, sensing the awkwardness and quickly retreating.

"Thorn..." Y/n whispered once the door was closed. "I'm so sorry this is all my fault,"

"It's not your fault it's mine... I should have been putting your feelings top of priority and I wasn't," Thorn murmured and he was about to say something until he burst into tears unable to hold it back anymore. "I just wanted the girl I loved to love me back,"

"I do Thorn I do... I was just caught up in my emotions but I promise you I do, I'm sorry for everything I have just lonely and I don't know what came over me,"

"I forgive you Y/N... The apocalypse can drive people to do some crazy things,"

"Thorn I-" Suddenly the door opened back up just as Y/N's fingers weaved through Thorns and squeezing it to show her support.

"Looks like he's already got a fever, we must act fast," Kevin mumbled, placing a bag at the foot of his bed. "You might want to step out of the room for a while, you might not want to see this," He explained, pulling out many needles and scalpels.

"No I'd much rather stay here," Y/N protested gripping his hand tighter.

"Y/N I'll be alright... It's fine," Thorn reassured through a small smile. "Next time you see me I'll be a survivor of the croatian virus,"

Though Y/N knew that there was no curse and that Kevin had never tested this out on anyone before... So maybe just maybe it had chances of working.

Though Y/N knew all of these things she still left, not without a kiss goodbye... One last kiss. She knew leaving that room there was alert of her that she would forever be leaving behind... That after leaving that room that it could be her last time ever seeing Thorn.

Ever kissing his rough yet gentle lips. "I'm so sorry Y/N I-" Jack began to speak only to get cut off by a hug as Y/N wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"Let's just go get some snacks eh?" Y/B/F questioned placing a hand on her shoulder and that's how they all ended up eating their stresses sway and drunk beyond repair in the mess hall.

"That's when my mom put the burnt chicken in the-" Suddenly Charlie had been cut off by the sound of a gun shot... And that's when they all scrambled to their feet knowing exactly where it had come from.

Y/N burst into the cabin and that first thing she saw was blood. Blood was every where as Kevin stood there in sick but he wasn't the one holding the gun but instead Thorn was... And he was on the floor dead.