Chapter 64

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Mason P.O.V.

When I got to school I wanted to look for Madison. She and I needed to get back on the same page.

After that dinner with our parents I knew we needed to have a talk before our families got together again.

As I walked down the hall I saw Madison at her locker.

I walked up to her as I took a deep breath.

"Can we talk?" I asked as she closed her locker.

Madison turned around a bit startled and dropped her books.

I bent down and picked up her books for her.

"Don't sneak up on me like that Mason!" she scolded.

"Sorry..." I said as I handed her back her books.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"Look I'm sorry for how my dad acted the other night. He wants you and your mother to come over to our house and have another talk. He said he'd do more listening this time," I said.

"Thanks but no thanks. Your dad is a judgmental ass," Madison said.

"He didn't mean what he said," I lied.

"Yes he did Mason! He pretty much called me a hoe who needed to keep her legs closed. As if you weren't out here being active without using protection. We both made this baby not just me," Madison said.

"I know which is why you can't cut me out of our son's life," I said as I reached out and touched Madison's stomach.

I felt a kick and Madison and I both smiled.

"You know he hasn't kicked since that horrible dinner," Madison laughed.

"Because he doesn't like it when his mommy is mad at me," I said.

"Look I'll ask my mom if she wants to go over to your house but I can't make any promises," Madison said.

"Ok I can take that. But even if you both don't stop by can you at least assure me that we're good," I said.

"Yeah Mason we're good," Madison said.

"Good. How about I take you out for ice cream after school?" I asked.

"I guess I could take some ice cream," Madison smiled.

"Great it's a date," I said.

"A date Mason?" Madison said with a raised eyebrow.

"A co-parenting date," I clarified.

"Alright whatever. See you after school," Madison said.

Madison headed down the hallway as I headed to my locker. I was glad we made up. If only we could get our parents to get along then everything would be good.

Cecilia P.O.V.

"Well I was just hoping for some legal help in all this. I really didn't want things to get nasty but Evan has left me with no choice," I heard Deacon's mother say as I entered the kitchen.

My mother and Deacon's mother were sitting at the kitchen table having what seemed to be a serious talk.

"Sorry to interrupt. I was just headed out mom," I said.

"Ok. Where are you headed bean?" my mother asked.

"A support group meeting," I said.

My mother eyed me and nodded.